ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery issues

hey guys

well, recently i heard a slipping noise a few times from the engine whilst driving my RT, assumed it was fanbelt. Also, my battery light was coming on whilst i was driving, usually after 2k revs.

the other day i was driving as normal, and pulled into a tescos and turned my car off, went in bought some stuff, then got back to the car and it wouldnt start - battery was dead! it started again after i jumped it from one of those battery charger kits, glad i bought it now.

and now i have to jump it everytime i want to drive it, which luckily i dont have to do a lot recentl. so i took it down the kwikfit, and they tested my battery, all was good with it.

what ways could i remedy the problem, first of all am i right in thinking my alternator belt is loose/worn, or is there a greater chance the alternator is totally dead?

- rusty