ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIG problems

Cup 172

Just picked the car up from Renault after the 18000 mile service, and they were not happy. They said that i have to take my 17s off immediately or risk damaging the car big time!! Apparently the clio is not designed to take such big wheels and they are putting massive stress on the car...

window.open=NS_ActualOpen;
orig_onload = window.onload;
orig_onunload = window.onunload;
window.onload = noopen_load;
window.onunload = noopen_unload;

there right in a way!

u will wear out ur shocks, springs, bearings etc a lot quicker and it wont be covered under warranty

but they cant stop the warranty on everything that isnt effected by the wheels zie like the engine, zorst, bodywork etc

Cup 172

Didnt have time to go into detail, i had to get back to work, im going there tomorrow to ask ALOT of questions, like how come everyone else with 17s hasnt got any problems?!!

Like poster above says, its more about warrenty, Reno cant guarantee that mods from standard wont do damage however insignificant they may seem, bigger,wider wheels could stress and shorten the life of the wheel bearings, sure, but I wouldnt have thought this a major issue, bottom line is if you do get a problem they won,t pay out, if your fine with that, stick with your 17s, must be thousands of Clios running round with them with no major problems (unless someone knows different?).

I am going to talk to my garage and then if they have any problems with anything I have done to the car, I will try another one and take my business elsewhere if they are not prepared to cover my warranty. I have spoken to people on here whos garage are covering them whatever mods they have done. You still have to pay servicing etc so Im sure there are Renault garages who do want your business?!

Cup 172

Thanks guys, will take the car else where and get a second opinion, but i do see where they are coming from, the bigger wheels probly do some damage to the standard shocks