ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit Steep

Got the insurance coming up in a few weeks but im shocked at out expensive it still seems to be.

Im 20, 2 years NCD, live in an area C, drive a 1.6 16v clio (group 10), worth £3500, 10k a year, driveway, no points etc.

Cheapest fully comp i can find is well over a grand + a massive excess. Elephant are the cheapest so far at £1500 although only £1100 if I add the missus to it.

Still waiting to see what NUD offer as my renewal but i was hoping to be paying £800-£1000.

Anyone else here own a 1.6, what u paying and who with?

Its your ages and area going against you, it wont really drop until youre 21 and even then not by a massive ammount.

don't

mate im 20 with a 1995 rsi worth 2k i said, thats a group 11 car

going 3rd party fire and theft

i just renewed for £515 with admiral, 2 years no claims and 2 crashes in 2002, 1 at fault for

elephant and admiral were best for me, i added on 2 older females with full no claims as 2nd drivers, also said id only do 4000 miles a year, and said it was going 2 be garaged, i declared my mods aswel

i found admiral slightly cheaper than elephant for some reason, worth just playing around with it mate and deff add an older female or 2, i just added 2 women from work 2 mine lol

[Edited by DAVE_RSi on 27 October 2004 at 10:14am]

Been playing about on Admiral and got the following:

Fully comp, my dad and aunt as named drivers (worked out cheaper than 2 old woman??), 10 month bonus accelerator with 7k mileage - £876.

Quite happy with that, just waiting to see wot NUD offer me as a renewal.

don't

much better then :)

tell NUD uve had a renewal quote of about £830 but ull stay with them if they can match or go lower than that

admiral is quite gd as u can play about as much as u like 2 get it lower

every little helps :)

addind my dad didnt help 1 bit, although adding 2 work colleagues brought it down £40 each lol

Renault are a f**king joke with insurance. Wanted a renewal quote on my 1.2 16v... one years NCB (which doubles to two if you renew) Pass plus and an OK area. They quoted me £1700 :O So I asked to add on both my parents... both around the 50 mark, both with 30 years experience and maximum NCD and a clean license and that made it go up to £1900. Nice thinking Renault :S

Ended up getting it for about £1170 with Admiral.

crazy stuff!!

When they ask how long uve had ur license, do u work it out inc. provisional?

Im not sure cos NUD said last year to inc. it, but dunno if thats the same all over?

don't

i didnt include it

i just said how long ive held my main licence

although i doubt they really give 2 sh!ts anyway, same as ur mileage, how will they know how many miles u do or did, admiral dont even ask 4 the mileage on ur clocks

1.4 privilege (01), 3 points, 1 year NCB, 21, only had licence 1 year. fully comp with 500 excess = £407 for the year with NORWICH UNION.

WELL CHUFFED! :D