ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding the power steering fluid

Anyone know whats involved in Bleeding the power steering fluid??

Got an exceptionaly noisy pump even by normal 16v/williams standards

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Dont think you are supposed to blee dthe fluid unless you have air in, and Haynes manual mentions something about turning the steering left to right and back to do something with this.

Someone one here recommended using steering fluid conditioner/stop leak stuff to get rid of noise. Think Slick 50, Wynns and others do this. Got some Wynns stuff, all I could find, and have still to try and see if it cures the noise.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the system bleeds itself.all you have to do is turn the steering lock to lock a few times to allow the fluid to pass through the rack.the pumps are quite noisy anyway but if its really bad then its either low on fluid or your pumps knackered.

To shut your pump up, drain the current fluid (or at least a good bit off it) by slacking hose at front of engine, where flexi from subframe attaches to metal pipe thats attached to engine. Then get decent fluid, dextronIII anyway, get a good quality one, and fill it up (after reconnecting pipe), with wheels off the ground, or on soft grass or something, turn steering lock to lock a few times, then check level. I have found that doing this (and ensuring aux belt is tensioned correctly) returns the pump to silence, at least for a good while. Mine used to be noisy but aint heard a peep from it recently