ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blown Xenon

One of my Xenons blew shortly after getting the Car back from the repair shop a few weeks ago. This is the opposite one to the one I had replaced after the accident.

Anyone know if these are covered under warranty?? My cars in for its 24K service on the 25th so Im gonna get them to look at it then, but Ive heard rumours that new bulbs cost £150 (ouch!!!), so I hope it is!

Rich

and as for £150 that what bmw ones cost but i think renault are a bit cheaper, either way it will be silly money if you have to pay

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

mine had to be replaced on a brand new car before i even picked it up, and they said it cost them £150.00

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think the HID bulbs draw a very high voltage, so an ordinary bulb would last about 0.000000001 seconds before being vapourised.

they use a step up transformer/control unit as they have no element the light is produced by arcing between points, and the fitment is totally different so in a word no

2012 WRX Waggon

What a bugger! If the sidelight bulbs are out to go by, I bet the Xenons are a nightmare to change!