ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brads E46 M3

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  DCI 175
Stacks have been purchased. Got a very good price on them !! There silver grey atm with yellow hoses. But think I’d rather all black. But I can sort that out at a later date. I’m so excited to hear the noise.

Noice

Tempting but I've just spent alot getting the subframe reinforcement and the bushes done!!!

BMW 330ci
I could do with some help picking what colour to go for with the stacks.

Few examples

9933e14224ab5ffce381897da5dfd997.jpg

a9a04c3e4d90e9692ccfbf9625030403.jpg

35b5aedbf01aa4240d863f8f4811456d.jpg

Do I go for:
All black
Black with grey hoses
Silver grey with black hoses.

Or pick a bright colour for them to stand out ?

Martin.

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice. Is a seat change an option. Everything else is lovely but that's one big thing letting it down in my opinion.

My pal has a lovely SMG on gen CSL wheels. Looks incredible.

BMW 330ci
Very nice. Is a seat change an option. Everything else is lovely but that's one big thing letting it down in my opinion.

My pal has a lovely SMG on gen CSL wheels. Looks incredible.
Your not keen on the seats ? I actually really like them. Don’t see many about.

Martin.

ClioSport Club Member
Your not keen on the seats ? I actually really like them. Don’t see many about.
I just see cheap VW Gti seats tbh. Obviously I know they aren't. I just think other seats would look nicer. My mate has leather seats (no idea on the style or name, but they're just standard leather seats) and they look very nice. Everything else about the car is lovely (like ridiculously lovely) it's just those seats massively let it down for me.

BMW 330ci
I honestly really like them. Think the only thing I’d swap for is pole positions or sportster cs. But they are great not hot in the summer, not cold in the winter like leather. And they really grip you unlike leather your not sliding everywhere.

BMW 330ci
So first problem with the m3 has happened. Driving from Birmingham - London to pick up the girlfriends new car. Literally pull up on the drive of the seller. Heard a loud bang and smoke coming from under the bonnet. Lifted it could clearly see the coolant expansion tank seals had gone. So tried to fill again with coolant then drove round the corner but same happened smoke everywhere so pulled up and phoned the RAC to come and recover it. Fast forward 17 hours a stay overnight in a hotel and it finally got collected. Absolute nightmare with RAC. So now have an extra day in London as a bonus. But what a s**t day.

Now got to get that sorted, ordered the new tank from Bmw. Will be getting the air conditioning condenser replaced as I was told Wednesday when trying to get it re gassed I had a leak from there.

29d8069de679fa7c6141621bb102c249.jpg

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s4 avant
Bummer about the part.

Least will be sorted, car still looks good on the back of the trailer

BMW 330ci
Absolutely s**t service. Phoned them at 7pm was told they would be about 1-3 hours. 10 o clock came still no sign. Phoned them again said I’m in an unsafe position and I just want the car collecting. They then sent an engineer out to me to try and fix it even though I told them it couldn’t be driven and just wanted it collecting. This was about 11pm. Then the engineer said shall we park it round the corner by the ace cafe. I said okay. Then they had a meet on full of young kids doing wheelies on motorbikes. So I said I ain’t leaving it here. He said there’s a travel lodge round the corner RAC Might pay for it for you for the inconvenience. So we went round there. Then they phoned him at said they would contact me before 00:00. No phone call until 2am. I’d already just checked in to the hotel. They said at 2am we will be collecting within the hour. I said no I don’t want it now I need it in the morning I’m in a hotel now. Phoned them in the morning they said I would have a recovery truck by 11am. 11am came no truck. He’d been pulled to a police incident but no one decided to let me know. So I phoned them up and said I want to speak to a manager. She phoned me and said we’ll have one with you between 15-20 mins even though the recovery company had phoned me and said 45-90 mins. So I said why you lying when I’ve just spoke to them ?? Then to top it off recovery truck eventually turned up, as I’m putting it on the truck she phoned again and said they should be with you within 5 mins. I said oh funny that the cars on the back off the truck.

Just absolute s**t service. Will definitely be putting a complaint in.

That's a gutter about the car and terrible service from the RAC!! Quite surprised by that, I had to call them out last week and they were with me within 30-45 mins and the service was spot on! But maybe they are much more busy and stretched in London compared to the coast!! No excuses tho, i'd have been fuming........ hopefully the new tank will sort it, such a small world, the tank split on my daily car (s-type jag) but luckily on the drive...... that's why I called the RAC out too! Had to get it to a point where I could cautiously get it to Jaguar to be fixed and therefore be able to drive it

BMW 330ci
People on m3cutters are saying could be head gasket or water pump getting seriously worried for expensive bills not sure what to try first as gsf have 54% off this weekend.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
People on m3cutters are saying could be head gasket or water pump getting seriously worried for expensive bills not sure what to try first as gsf have 54% off this weekend.
Ffs, sounds like a right mate you had.

My first point of call would be to get a sniffer test done in the expansion tank, the seals don't usually break unless under high pressure like if exhaust gasses are getting in the coolant system.

BMW 330ci
Ffs, sounds like a right mate you had.

My first point of call would be to get a sniffer test done in the expansion tank, the seals don't usually break unless under high pressure like if exhaust gasses are getting in the coolant system.
Yeah it’s going down the garage today to have a few things checked. Hopefully they find an easy solution.

Golf R
What a b*****d mate.

Although the 50k running costs still applying to 9/10k cars is truly alive and well, unfortunately.

cat171

ClioSport Club Member
They're probably lining it up to scavenge for parts ;) I hope it's not all of that though dude!! Best of luck with it.

BMW 330ci
Car is finally back !!! I’m over the moon. Had the water pump, thermostat, viscous and new tank all done. Had Bmw coolant put in. Had a few bits done just as preventative while they had access to it. Took it for a drive god I forgot how much I love it ! All back to normal.

Stacks are getting fitted next weekend now. Can not wait !!!!

Air con condenser needs to get fitted. Not sure if it’s something I could do myself or not.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  M3 CS / 1/29 PB 182
Great news mate! When things go wrong on these M3's it's usually a 4 figure fix.

Glad you got it all sorted out.

BMW 330ci
Great news mate! When things go wrong on these M3's it's usually a 4 figure fix.

Glad you got it all sorted out.
Yeah that’s what I was worried about. Glad it wasn’t anything else tbh. Got a few preventatives taken care of aswell. So I’m happy.