ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake light problem (hopefully a simple one)...

Hi all, long time no post.

Just wondered if anyone can help me with what I hope is a rather simple problem. I'm having a problem with the brake lights on my clio (mk2, phase 2), here's what happens (I hope it makes sense!).

With my headlights off: I brake and all three brake lights come one. The right side and center one are at full brightness but the left one is dimmed (like it would look if my lights were on).

With my headlights on: The left side brake light is permanently bright and when I brake the right side and center one become the same brightness.

Does anyone know why this is? I hope I've explained it fully, if not tell me and I'll try again. All my other lights are working correctly.

I've tried replacing the brake light bulbs on both sides but the problem persists. Could it be a fuse or earthing problem?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

172 ph1
Sounds like the left rear brake light and tail light are reversed. Changed any bulbs recently? Check cabling on both sides and see if you can spot a difference. Check you have the right wattage bulbs in the right places etc.