ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt Tensioners Williams/16v

Can anyone confirm that the Cambelt tensioners are the same for a williams engine (F7R) as the ones for the 16v (F7P) ???
Anyone found anywhere cheaper then Euro/GSF for them?

they are exactly the same between the engines. gsf and euro use INA bearings, which to be fair are a pile of crap, thats why theyr so cheap. OEM stuff from renault use SKF bearings. these cost a bit more, but last the distance without constant whirring/whining. a local motorfactors should be able to source the kit for you, i paid 78quid + vat for the whole cambelt kit.

jimbo

what is the importance of the Idler Pulley? Its about £40 and if its easy to change with the engine in or is unlikley to need replacing i might not bother replacing it.

any help very much appreciated

the idler is there to route the belt in the rite direction basically. its in a tite place on the engine, so it very rarely gets changed. tricky on a 19 to do it with engine in, so it would prolly be even more difficult on a clio. worth changing tho, as wen it seizes the belt melts, and we dont want that happening.

jimbo

swine to change when doing the belt with the engine lifted out a bit? Or a swine to change with the engine in the car?

Last williams engined i had done was worked on on a bench so labour was peanuts.

This idler is going to cost me £100 Part and labout ontop of the cambelt i reckon!!??

Belt kit inc tensioner and idler (both refered to as tensioners everywhere i rang)

Euro £78 all in

Renault £95 all in

looks like renault will be getting some of my money for once!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by 16v - 2.0 on 16 January 2004

swine to change when doing the belt with the engine lifted out a bit? Or a swine to change with the engine in the car?

Last williams engined i had done was worked on on a bench so labour was peanuts.

This idler is going to cost me £100 Part and labout ontop of the cambelt i reckon!!??

a cambelt kit will include the idler wheel and its a pain in the arse to change with the engine in the car.