ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can a 16v manifold fit on a williams

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

better mid range i think. someone on here tested willy 16 and supersprint and it was supersprint, then closely followed by 16v then willy last.

Think reason for willy one being different was to give it a bit better top end being a 2.0 tractor bottom end like.

lol, btw wat would u recomend for a williams? either a k-tec racing exhaust system (quiet) k3 pipe or magnex system? wats best for sound n power increase, with a k-tec decat btw?

williams and trophy

cant really argue ith powerflow mate......mine sounds well enuff.....ran 14.6 in standard trim, bar zorst n panel filter

theres none better AFAIK

16V manifold is just about better all round.

But its the willy/16V exhaust that are the same, only the flange on the manifold bottoms are different.

So you only need a cat or decat for a 16V if you put a 16V manifold on your willy.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

1) Either manifold fits either engine

2) Williams downpipe must be fitted to Williams manifold. 16v Downpipe must be fitted to 16v manifold

3) Williams CAT/Decat must be fitted to Williams Downpipe. 16v CAT/Decat must be fitted to 16v downpipe.

I think Scorpion (and maybe others) do a decat which fits both as its a 2 piece affair so you can turn the join at the downpipe end to match the downpipe.

Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 20 March 2004

16V manifold is just about better all round.

But its the willy/16V exhaust that are the same, only the flange on the manifold bottoms are different.

So you only need a cat or decat for a 16V if you put a 16V manifold on your willy.

The hanger on the bend is also different, a willy zorst will fit a 16v but a 16v zorst will not fit a willy (At least when it comes to Magnex).

Mat.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Cheers for that people. Rob Deez who bought my car had his mate check it out and he reckoned it wasnt a williams engine. sayin that cos the 16v manifold didnt fit on the 2 litre. I know it did as it was fitted before my own eyes.

Think the geezer should read up about clios a bit more ;). Seeing as he is meant to be an expert on them and all that hehe.