ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car mp3 player

RS4

hey guys, my sony car cd player has messed up, so i braught an mp3 player of my mate but im kind of confused.....:cry:

its an mp3/wma player does that mean i can fit more tunes on one cd?? if it does how do i do it, do i have to convert the tunes to a different format??

your help wud be greatly appreciated.

yeah you can, as long as your music is in mp3 format, then you can write it to a blank disc. there is plenty programs which can do this, but not sure which is best. im sure someone will tell you though..

A Euro'd one...

If you have a CD writer on your PC then youve most likely got some software which allows you to burn MP3 files to CD. Ive got Nero and with it i can roughly put around 150 tracks onto a single CD...

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by $torm Rider on 05 June 2005

If you have a CD writer on your PC then youve most likely got some software which allows you to burn MP3 files to CD. Ive got Nero and with it i can roughly put around 150 tracks onto a single CD...

I have got NERO, but how can I burn 150 tracks onto a single CD?

Ive got Nero 6, but not sure what option to use...

CD-ROM (ISO), Audio CD, Mixed Mode CD, CD Extra, CD-ROM (BOOT), CD-ROM (Hybrid), CD-ROM (UDF) or CD-ROM (UDF/ISO)

So many options, but which on? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Yaris Hybrid

Data instead of Audio mate.

You burn the MP3s as files as opposed to audio tracks.

The disk wont play in a normal CD player afterwards as the files are just in the same format that they are on your harddisk.

The CD holds about 700MB so if your average MP3 file is 4MB....

A silver Honda

The Data cd option.

It a good idea to organize the tracks into different folders too (by genre, album etc).

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Yeh I know that, just wanted to see if I were going along the right lines. Am burning a few 100 tracks from my Hard drive to a CD, then gonna run down to car and test it out - hope it will work.

Another question, what about the CD-text, as my Kenwood H/U supports CD text (track name, etc...) How do I go about this, as I didnt see any options for this. Do I simply rename the file on my Hard Drive to how I want it to be displayed on H/U text?

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Well I just burnt a CD with about 200 track to test, in about 6 different folders. I am pleased to say it WORKED a treat on my H/U

Glad I found how to do this, as it saves me changing bloody CDs in the car when I fancy listening to 1 track on CD1, then another track on CD2.

Am proper chuffed now... :D

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Bloody time consuming changing all the ID 3 tags...

But then again, I am fussy - as I want it too look right!