ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chitty Chitty bang bang!!!!!!

Hi all has anyone suffered with this fault yet

My mk1 172 has developed a major problem, in the fact that it idles at aroung 500rpm, splurts and sounds like the timings out when you try to rev it and when on the move have to keep blipping the throttle just to keep it going...

and just to make me even more annoid, has taken nearly two weeks to book it into the dreaded dealers to have a look (this Thursday)

any thoughts before i take it in...

cheers

jason

Poor idle can be due to an inlet manifold leak. If the inlet manifold bolt torque settings were incorrect (i.e. loose) and you cane teh revs then the inlet manifold gasket gets sucked into the manifold creating a hole. (This happened to me!). Could be a vacuum hose leak too.
Have you noticed any difference in fuel consumption?

My RSi has in the past few weeks started to idle at below 500rpm and feeels really lumpy and power loss too! Whats the problem guys and how can it be sorted?

When my inlet manifold gasket went, my renault garage told me that the gaskets fitted to the clio are not designed for use with an induction kit...

...I read this as: we use sh!t cheap gaskets!

The new one has been okay since though.

My gasket went before I had the induction kit fitted... lumpy idle and a loud knocking noise coming from the front left of the car. Renault sorted it after having it in for A WHOLE WEEK, removing injectors etc. until they found the problem.
Ill have to agree that the gaskets are pretty crap.

[bluerxe] did you fit the ecotec in the end? any problems?