ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Classic minis in Japan

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
On my way to work in Japan, i pass this place everyday. Today i went in to have a look. The owner was really friendly, and even let me sit in his Elise. It had Bride CF seats and full rollbar. It was pretty awesome. The minis were also pretty sweet, but unfortunately my camera ran out of battey. Will get more pics later.

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I didnt realise there was any mini's in japan! I bet that stand out like a sore thumb

182 Trophy
Apparently they are quite popular over there, the japanese exported mini's had better spec than the uk ones too including air-con on later models according to my mate.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yup popular in Hong Kong too, my ex's uncle has the oldest one in Hong Kong.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
wanna earn some money?? i want some red and black checkered floor mats like in that mini but for my fd3s rx7, quiet easy to get hold of them in japan and i would give you some ££ for sourcing and sending them to me?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I seem to remember being able to buy a Mini Turbo over there too, which had the Metro Turbo engine fitted as standard.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Is that AutoDelta by any chance?? If it is, he has one of the most powerful N/A A seires powered minis in the world. About 215/220bhp from a 1300 if I'm correct. He also made the front end of it look extremly similar to the new minis.....only he did it 3 or 4 years before they were even conceived.

Black Gold Trophy
cant see pics, but you'd be amazed how many rovers/MGs there are in Japan, they are all absolutely mint aswell!