ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 cup - Time Attack Build

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Congratulations on your Clio 197 (I'm biased :LOL:), you made a great choice!

I also have a Clio 197 and, previously, I had an EP3, I find the 197 to be a more complete car.
Thanks man! I’m pretty chuffed with it still, being a different car underneath to what how I got it is even better! I’m glad I didn’t get an EP3 now, As much as they have a good engine, I think the 197 is a better car in general
Were these very expensive? Always wanted these since my first 200 over 10 years ago lol
They weren’t too dear, 150+ iirc from ktax!
having them PPF’d finally is a huge bonus

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Just small bits for the interior to do now, got some new pedals and a bigger accelerator for better down shifts (lame I know)
BDB4EBC3-5623-44A4-B37A-CD50C875BACC.jpeg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Loving all the red details. Those seats look really supportive

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So!

A mega weekend had with everyone, nice to see you all again! Was chilled, funny, everything that was needed after a couple years break from csf!
i would tag everyone but my memory is so bad I can’t remember 😂

car was faultless all day, lots of learning to do but a very capable car, super happy with it!
thanks to @Filters for trying to teach me, got a lot of work here 😂
@dann2707 sorry for making you feel sick in the car!
Also managed to get out in a cup racer thanks to Max Coates racing, such an amazing piece of equipment!
6AA2B488-B107-4141-ABF4-B33AE1D195C1.jpeg

now for the journey home.
i got about an hour down the road, got to some services on the A1 to get my lunch, and then the car just dies as I’m pulling out on the junction.
RAC guy says theres no signal between the ECU and everything else, immobiliser light is on solid and won’t do a thing.
13 hour ordeal starts here.
3 recovery trucks, one private hire to get me home, and hours on hours of waiting really put a s**t end to my weekend. I left blyton at midday, got home a 1:30am .. not happy.
48AD4DBE-B349-485F-A7FF-F02B23110A69.jpeg
4CE282E6-C35C-42D8-8541-29D214FBC104.jpeg
A6AB3FEF-5A40-4E4B-8D95-E8467B65C422.jpeg

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So I’m one step closer to figuring out what’s gone wrong. The fuse that controls the ecu, immobiliser etc keeps blowing

read somewhere someone else had this issue and the lambda wires had melted, so that’s my next port of call
8AB0DCE5-DC69-4A36-AD23-46072D75FA6F.jpeg

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Been a while since i updated this

Had a successful track day at Castle Combe the other week, car felt great and a lot was learnt but there's a few changes I need to do in the suspension, definitely need stiffer springs coming into the new year.

Got some much needed tuition off of a friend of mine which helped me improve through out the day also.
1664836725226.png

1664836783166.png

My girlfriends first time out on track as well, brave enough to tackle combe for her first time driving the car, and on a live track! smashed it, and i'm sure she'll be joining me out on a couple more to learn the car also.
1664836818545.png

Been in talks with Fulcrum Motorsport recently, and I've decided to put a deposit down on a cage and get that done over winter. Also have a few other ideas of what i want to get done to make sure the car is safe and reliable (as much as you can get a French car to be anyway)

I had my license starter pack come through the other day also, so I have some revision to get done and my license to be sorted at the end of this year / the start of the new year ready for the season.
I will be entering Time Attack in the new year as my main series, as well as the odd Hot hacth series / Road series races by 750MC.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Did you weigh it all afterwards? Be interesting to see how much you've saved.

Unfortunately no I didn't! .. Was enough to show a small difference i think, once i change the seat over to a bucket ill get it weighed again at Alex's and see how much weight ive lost from the 1210 i was at last time with full interior and no rear seats!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Bet those 197 seats weigh loads, be a nice saving once the 197 passenger seat is out too.

Are you not tempted to take the tar off the roof ?

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Wrap up time for the Clio, MOT next month, but will be barely used over Christmas so had a final clean up and will be covered up!

In the mean time, doing a cheat oil change on the daily driver, 65,000 mile corsa B, don't judge!

D8AA65CE-FA54-4455-80B0-53F2992CF0D7.jpeg
51604005-8488-4183-8279-6E79D4ACC8B9.jpeg

Just before wrapping up, went to check the fluids and top up the screen wash, turns out i have a large hole in the bottle .. and barely a pipe left for it to be sent to the screen, so it just pisses all over the tyre. No arch liners, they'd have been rubbed through with the 225 tyres instead of a 215, so this is the price i pay for a bit more grip!

1666132370720.jpeg

E48BAF95-9B41-4396-A46C-FFD4F126269F.jpeg

E171D83B-7BF2-436E-95DD-9A5131443A22.jpeg

A2B6B2C8-DDC5-4B7B-9334-0869C853C86B.jpeg

7E615CFC-130A-47C4-B7DF-8FE49B406665.jpeg

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Application has been sent off for the 2023 time attack series .. got one sponsor so far that i'll crack out once the livery is done and we've confirmed everything!

race license is being sent off this month as well, weird order im doing this in but only just found what license i actually needed, instead of spending a bomb on doing my ARD's test.

excting stuff!

The list is down to (for now)

passenger buck seat
half cage
hand held extinguisher
TA regulation rain light