ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Comparisons

Just wondering is there any difference between the suspension set ups of the mk2 ph1, the facelift mk2, and the slighty different 04 plate clios???

I only ask as compared to the mk2 ph1 1.2s + 1.4s my 1.6 16v seems to be slightly lowered, and all of the reviews ive seen say the 16v has sports supsension????

Although, with the mk2 ph2 the 1.6 suspension seems the same as the rest of the range? (exc. 172, v6 etc)

Id appreciated any info about this.
Thanks

[Edited by Dazz on 25 September 2004 at 9:36am]

Err this is one big can of worms to figure out.

All Clios seem to ahve different suspension not only dci vs 1.2 but dynamic vs any other spec.

The new 1.6 16V is supposed to have sports suspension but what they means to Renault is anyones guess. The old Dynamics were supposed to have sports suspension but thn they removed that from the spec but they seem to handle differently.

The 1.6 shares some bits with the dcis. I think I checked it out a while back and ended up giving up, best way to say is all models are different and different ages cars and cars from different area have different parts.

I think the newer Mk2 2 are lower though according to my research in general.

Ford Fiesta

on the 2002 the 1.2 16V dynamique it advertised sports suspension this was removed in the 2003 1.2 16V dynamique

yeah it would be interesting to know the exact differences. All i know is the ride in my car is a bit bumpier and firmer than my dads clio. Also, dont the newer clios have 15" alloys?? whereas my 1.6 there only 14"? or are the new ones 14" as well hehe

Quote: Originally posted by Dazz on 26 September 2004

yeah it would be interesting to know the exact differences. All i know is the ride in my car is a bit bumpier and firmer than my dads clio. Also, dont the newer clios have 15" alloys?? whereas my 1.6 there only 14"? or are the new ones 14" as well hehe
Its so complex they change spec mid year plus you can have different springs on the same car made for different areas noone realy knows which springs fit your car unless they look at the colour on them and have the chassic number which tells you the exact part code.