ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio components

RS4

hi, i own a clio 2002 dynamique and i was wondering if anybody can help me with upgrading the components in my car, wot size compents do i need to buy and if anybody has had a go upgrading them wot are the best ones to go for???

Cheers

5.25" 13cm

speakers - whatever the hell takes your fancy, have a listen, if you like them, buy them

can give advice all day, but you may not like them

Punto/Clio GTT

i can compare sony xplod components to infinity 5002i components.

Had the Sonys for about 6 months, thought they were decent speakers, was told that theyre terrible n i should try somethin else. So, bought me some infinity 5002i (5.25" 13cm) and truly was amazed in the difference in sound quality and volume. The infinities are twice as loud and dont distort until i hit 2 notches before full volume on my head unit and trust me the sub has already started sounded sluggish by then lol.

Sonys i paid 40 quid
Infinities i paid 50 quid (and theyre loads better)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Final_Maxim/12345.jpg

Sony - not reccomended :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Final_Maxim/IM000058.jpg

Infinity - highly recommended :)

A silver Honda

I defo need to balance the sound out in my car.

Whats the bass and mid range like?

Are they just loud?

I want something versatile because ill be playing anything from Rock to Hiphop to Classical stuff lol.

Punto/Clio GTT

got some nice bass aswell, feel it through your legs, makes my doorcards vibrate a bit. mine am for mainly high volume/midrange. dont really have hardly any bass comin out of em, just treble. more treble from my seperate tweeters, then all the bass from the sub.

seriously tho, these am 10x better than the sony comps, miles better sq and theyre much louder and alot bassier

A silver Honda

Cool, its just that i took my sub out yesterday because its a 15" and i dont want a SPL setup anymore.

My Vibe 6x9s are amped up now and they sound much better now.

Ill go down to Halfrauds to check those Infinitys out.

[Edited by Darth Oli on 4/3/2005 1:10:51 PM]

Punto/Clio GTT

all good. dont ya hate it when your in halfords n you get those scrotes who insist puttin the stereo on full whack and tryin EVERY speaker in there.... then walk away!