ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk4 Left side headlight AND sidelight not working

Renault Clio Mk4
So today I noticed both my left hand headlight and left hand sidelight don't work. The left hand full beam works ok, but dipped and sidelights are not interested. Indicators and break lights both work on both sides.

I had a look in the fusebox and there only seem to be a fuse for 'Front right daytime running light, left side light, right hand main beam headlight, left hand dipped beam headlight'. This fuse looks ok to me, although I have no replacement to swap it yet (arriving in the post soon), also the right hand main beam headlight DOES work, so I assume it is not the fuse.

I took the H7 bulb out and it looks good to me. I have not yet looked at the sidelight bulbs, but I would be surprised if one of these going (there seem to be 2 on each side) would also knock out the dipped headlights.

I gave the relays in the glovebox a little wiggle to check that they were seating correctly and they don't seem to be loose.

Any advice? I can't find much help on the internet, not for the situation where both left hand side lights go at the same time.

Thanks,

bozniauk

Renault Clio Mk4
Updates....
First of all my new fuses were delivered today, so I tried swapping out the fuse. No change, so old fuse good.

Although the H7 dipped bulb looked ok, i thought I would change it anyway just to try to diagnose the problem. Hazaar, the headlight now works, but neither of the 2 left hand sidelights come on.
All a bit strange. Anyway, I have ordered some new bulbs for the sidelights and will swap these out as well.

Its still a bit worrying that all bulbs should get knocked out at the same time, but I guess there is a chance the sidelights have not been working for ages and I have not noticed. Headlights are way more obvious from the drivers seat even during dusk hours etc.

I will report back if it was simply a bulb issue, but I hope it is not something else that caused them all to blow. Them blowing before the fuse is interesting.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What year Clio MK4 is it? if its 2016+ then it doesnt have sidelights and the manual says the sidelights are the DRL's.

have you swapped the left bulbs with the right ones?

Have you got a multimeter to test to see if there is power going to the left lights?