ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CNC thread

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
The mazak facility wow!! No pictures allowed unfortunately! Properly impressed!

Full tour of the factory seeing the machines being built from scratch, they build over 100 a month.... they cover the whole of Europe, the best bit was the canteen.... loads of Japanese food to try! Hopefully the general manager does a buy and I can operate a piece of art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
After 3 weeks I'm finally back on my machine and it's got new spindle bearings and lots of other new parts fitted. OMG it's so f**king quiet now??. Should have been done 18 months ago, the old bearings have about 5mm of play in them!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
does anyone on CS have access to a decent sized cnc router? something like 1m square?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
anyone able to make me a pair of these in here?

5 stud hub.png

id do it on my lathe but i just cant get the accuracy i want on the tiny thing

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
😯We thread milled some M48's last year, that was fun. Anything under an m6 I leave for the fitter to hand tap🤣.
cos im building lasers I need things to be straight, so like to start off with a threadmill before finishing with a hand tap.

I use a lot of m2 allen key bolts, m2 holes are a fucker to tap by hand :(
got a couple of tapmatic tapping heads, but they are really only good for m3 or bigger.

photos of the part in the video, put the other bits that go with it

bjWNHW.jpg

I4pzrB.jpg

NFuRLe.jpg

0IafNO.jpg

pHxmho.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'll stick with bigger stuff thanks 😂. Some plates we milled down last week:
IMG_20200507_033844.jpg

Before on the left and finished on the right. 1000 x 870 x60 milled down to 20mm thick with a 20mm wide 55mm thick strip at one end! Aparrently that's more cost effective than welding a strip on because welds need testing for ages in this sector.
And part of my next job:
15899319185857227995625580079920.jpg

That'll end up 30% lighter when we're finished with it. Shame it's 100mm longer than the travel on the machine so needs a reset🙄. But yeah, you can keep your tiny parts😂.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I'll stick with bigger stuff thanks 😂. Some plates we milled down last week:

Before on the left and finished on the right. 1000 x 870 x60 milled down to 20mm thick with a 20mm wide 55mm thick strip at one end! Aparrently that's more cost effective than welding a strip on because welds need testing for ages in this sector.
And part of my next joat'll end up 30% lighter when we're finished with it. Shame it's 100mm longer than the travel on the machine so needs a reset🙄. But yeah, you can keep your tiny parts😂.

Those are pretty big parts, possibly bigger than my whole mill.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Those are pretty big parts, possibly bigger than my whole mill.
Some of the jobs they try to give me are bigger than our machine 🤣. They showed me one in the fab shop that was 2m diameter x 2m long with a big casting welded on the end. The machine table is 1600 x 1200 and anything over 2m the crane won't go high enough to get it on 🤦‍♂️😂.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Something we produced today for one of our customers

Attachments

• 42A21F0B-07AE-44A1-9929-372E20B42200.jpeg
    42A21F0B-07AE-44A1-9929-372E20B42200.jpeg
    665.3 KB · Views: 80

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I know this isn't strictly CNC, but it's the same xy setup as a CNC.

Made these on my laser engraver for my kids today

First one on the left, last one on the right. They improve with each one I did

nIGiKH.jpg

elTwyr.jpg

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Tool changing on another level!!!

Shrink fit is great until someone roasts the arse off the tool holder and destroys it by making it too brittle.

Also a pain when you are changing a tool in a hurry! Very accurate and solid though providing you make sure everything is nice and clean.

For a while now Ive really wanted to be able to make parts in cad. After following tutorials I made this pedal box base plate as I thought it was a good solid design to practice with. Most of the dimensions are correct bar the fillets which I had to guess, as the sheets on the ap racing website only give some of the dimensions.

fsfafas.png

gdfgfdgfd.png

Only problem Im having is this fillet, I originally made the fillet before the hole but I was struggling to make the hole! Anyone know how to do it? I selected the edges and the 2 bolt hole edges but it wont have it.

hdfdhf.png

jhgghjghj.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
For a while now Ive really wanted to be able to make parts in cad. After following tutorials I made this pedal box base plate as I thought it was a good solid design to practice with. Most of the dimensions are correct bar the fillets which I had to guess, as the sheets on the ap racing website only give some of the dimensions.

View attachment 1541355

View attachment 1541356

Only problem Im having is this fillet, I originally made the fillet before the hole but I was struggling to make the hole! Anyone know how to do it? I selected the edges and the 2 bolt hole edges but it wont have it.

View attachment 1541357

View attachment 1541358
Just cut extrude if it's not letting you auto fillet.