ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP or 2,0 & paint my 16v

190 BHP Willy 2

Im undecided what to do. I like the idea of a cup, but much prefer the look of the valver. I could either buy a standard cup or hybrid my valver, subtle styling mods and get it re-sprayed. Hmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions.

What would you do in my position????

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

well u will lose more money on the valver wont u. i.e. cup will hold value better. hybrid wont have power of a cup either..id say cup.

No point wasting money on a 10 year old car only to find that all the money you pour in counts for nothing, either get a cheap willy conversion or get a cheap cup

190 BHP Willy 2

New is not always best though is it. Ive had the car 4yrs and if I done the work on it would keep it for another 4yrs. I have a company car a golf GTI TDI so the hybrid/cup would be a toy. Hmmmmm

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

BB turbo conversion in a standard looking valver would be gr8 fun!See if you can get a drive in a cup may be to good not 2 get though!!Personally I wouldent spend the cash on a respray I dont think.

190 BHP Willy 2

Thats what I was thinking. cammed and chipped 2.0, coilovers, buckets, cage, paint and ive got myself a real weapon which should keep with cups but in a better looking body.

ff 182

mate if its a to y get the bb turbo and strip it out ive driven a cup nice car but i prefer the looks of the valvers

190 BHP Willy 2

im not spending £7k on a engine. From past experience with turbos N/A power is far better. Its a lot more usable from standing starts and throughout the rev range.The big bang of power a turbo gives provides unpredictable results, especially mid corner etc etc. IMHO 170/180 bhp N/A is far better than 220/230 of turbo power, N/A = usable power on all surfaces in ALL conditions.