ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup plays with Civic Type-R

Came across someone in a CTR who drove like a man possessed, which of course was appreciated! We had a good old stonk from roundabout to roundabout on dual carriageways around MK the other day, and there was absolutely nothing in it. If proper measuring gear had been applied to the cars, I would have put my money on the Civic, I think it is just a tad quicker through the gears, but not enough to notice on the road. Good result from the Clio. And good on the guy in the Civic!:)

CTR EK9 turbo

Nice. I had the same situation a few days back, but it was a 20-mile race! I started when my engine was stone cold as i was leaving uni and he shot past at a billion mph. I caught him up and off we went.I got in front at first and he was tailgating me afterwards, cars moved out of the way and off we went. He was up my rear so i moved over and he tried to over take, i thought he was going to, but he couldnt get past my rear right window up this hill-absolutely flat out. I thought they had 200 bhp!? hehe ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

Performance is very similar, 0-60 times are almost identical. Would imagine the CTR weighs a bit more not sure though! Hehe Seen this conversation many a time.

Simon172 you own a 172 and you are in Uni. Jesus, I get told have too much money and I only own a valver. How old are you mate!

CTR EK9 turbo

Im 22 (23 in october). I guess i had to spend my life savings on something! it was the best new car i could have bought for the money (£11,000)

Revels Mum & Sister

Fair play mate

Just curious. You nearly finished your course then mate. I am only 19!

Im doing a Masters too! I reckon that I could have easily afforded a 172 by now, providing it needed nothing more than servicing. My tuned Valver cost £5k and has since swallowed another £6k!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

im 22 at still at uni, last year on a 4 year course.

My valver cost me £6500 in 1999 from a Renault dealer. Its cost me another 5k in maintenence in 4 years.

I rekon i could afford a V6 by the time im finished!!

CTR EK9 turbo

Cars are so expensive. God im soooo glad mines got a warranty - id be well in debt if it didnt! £11k +£5k wouldnt be nice!