ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Problems + 12k Service

Hi

Car just been in for a 12k service. They told me that my discs were knackered (thats if i believe them). Bearing in mind this car hasnt been tracked (much) and used on the M Way dont you think that this is a bit premature. Anyone else had this problem ?

Also my clutch pedal is very stiff, comes up in judgery steps, not smoothly. Anyone else had these probs ?

Cheers

not brakes mate but my clutch is the same and my car is only 2yrs old although it has doen 33k it goin in to be looked at on monday although i would expect it to be fixed under warrenty i mean two years thats not a very long lifetime for a car to start going wrong, is your clutch ok in reverse? mine seems fine but pulling away is a nightmare it like a regular workout for my foot, clutcfh pedal is heavy squeeks a bit and also is quite jumpy unless you do it very slowly and over rev slightly. is this the saem as your prob?

My brakes are feeling soggy & Ive only done 18000 mls and two track days. My clutch is also a bit juddery when pulling away (I often have over-rev to avoid stalling) but not as bad as yours it seems.

Occasionally my passenger door refuses to unlock.

no other problems yet.

I had a new Clutch cable fitted undew warranty for that (10 months old then).

Brkae discs are worn at 17500 miles buy to need replacing at 12000 is silly unless you keep your foot on the pedal as a rest !!!! (I think not).

hmm, my clutch problem is the same as all of yours.

I will see what renault come up with this afternoon and report back !

Over and out !

Liquid yellow R26 F1

The only time you need new disks.. is if theyre warped or there is a massive lip on the disk. (or both..).

if not then id say theyre fine..

Suzuki SV1000S

Mate, Si172 has had his discs investigated my Renault uk for some fault with them and he has done about 36k, could be the same thing, give him a pm

Clio 197

I replaced my discs at about 17,000km, but believe me they had a hard life. They would probably have lasted a it longer but I went through a few sets of pads a bit quicker than expected and finished a few laps metal to metal...

No issues at all with the clutch.

Ed

Quote: Originally posted by KDEANO31 on 29 June 2004

My brakes are feeling soggy & Ive only done 18000 mls and two track days. My clutch is also a bit juddery when pulling away (I often have over-rev to avoid stalling) but not as bad as yours it seems.

Occasionally my passenger door refuses to unlock.

no other problems yet.
only 2 track days? lol .. i wouldnt expect the clio brakes to last past 1 track daylet alone 2. track days chew up brakes (and fuel) like there is no tomorrow