ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup rolled at Donington yesterday

Renault Laguna Coupe

... anyone here? Are you ok?

Otherwise an awesome event, only about 30 cars, one of the best track events Ive been on.

Well done Renaultsport :D

That sounds bad news - whoever rolled there cup hope they are ok and decided to go for the track insurance.

What did you think of donnington Mike?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Fantastic circuit, very well-run event. Quite a different driving experience to Bedford - the track has hills and gravel traps, grandstands etc. A much more authentic day.

I would of come if Jeremey would have let me bring my Focus.

BTW thanks for the GTI mag with the trackday news letter. Can seen my head but thats all in one the photos.

I was soooooooo tempted to go and jump in my Williams and get on that track :devilish:

Good day..... shame about the guy rolling right near the end of the session...... oh well, Im sure Mr Mitchell is tracking it down right now ;)

Well, maybe at the next one Ill be able to go out in my 172.... erm 217.... erm whatever its gonna be

Renault Laguna Coupe

Lost it through the Craners (very fast downhill curves) - off onto the grass, wheels dig in - oops! Rear of car was completely undamaged - the best looking write-off youve ever seen.

Well, I would guess a bit too much speed into craner curves and maybe a bit of "last minute" correction (too late), cos he must have gone sideways into the gravel trap for it to have rolled

I was chatting to him about 20 minutes before the end (actually about Cliosport). I said lets continue the discussion over the food at the end so that we dont waste any track time. We both hopped in our respective cars and off we went (I would say that I was no where near him when he flipped).

When I saw him over the grub, I didnt realise it has he that had crashed, went over to him to continue to conversation about Cliosport and how a chap had fitted some rather nice blue seats, only to find that he was no longer that interested in seats. Ooops. Happily he was ok and we arranged the AA truck to deliver his car back home

Renault Laguna Coupe

True dedication Jeremy, still trying to recruit a new member 10 minutes after hes written off his car. Beam me up Scotty!

LoL He could just drop it back to the dealers saying some creases have appeared in the roof and the windscreen has cracked, and therefore he wants reject the car LoL, Id love to see the reaction on the faces LMAO

Also did Renaultsport mention that they had any future track days planned, I know the newsletter says next year but did they go into any more detail?

Was going due to go to Donington but had to get a refund thanks to Camden MK not finishing the work on my car in time.

MEGANE

If you do the track days youve got to feel for the guy!!!yet again super day/evening, bit daunting at first but soon get the hang of it.

I was right behind the guy as he rolled it - all I saw was a cloud of smoke with a spinning Clio Cup in it, then it hit the gravel, flipped and rolled onto its roof. Myself and another Cup driver stopped but the Jag safety car was there in double quick time and the guy got out and looked OK.

Just before dinner, as everyone was looking at the rolled Cup in the paddock, I believe he mentioned that he wasnt insured - ouch!

Otherwise, I thought it was a superb day - well organised, excellent fun with the paddock full of Clios and Touring cars, and great fun getting instruction from some top racing drivers. I let one of them drive my 172 and boy did he give it some stick!

A top evening Jerermy....whens the next one?!

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 05 September 2003

I was soooooooo tempted to go and jump in my Williams and get on that track :devilish:

Good day..... shame about the guy rolling right near the end of the session...... oh well, Im sure Mr Mitchell is tracking it down right now ;)

Well, maybe at the next one Ill be able to go out in my 172.... erm 217.... erm whatever its gonna be
Maybe, Jeremy will let you take the V6 out !!! ;)

I know id never trust you with my car LOL !!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 05 September 2003

Camden MK, NOT PERFORMING!!!

I find that very hard to belive......

........NOT!

Steve always fails to perform too, so hes used to that.;)