ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Suspension 182....mod

GW Clio 200

Yeah thats what I thought but with these insurance companies today you have to be really careful, making sure you have submitted the correct info... thanx for the confirmation.

i rang both reno and direct line and they said if it was fitted in the factory as an option and not an aftersales suspension mod then this was ok... im still asking for it in writing/email... you cant trust these people as some dont even seem to know what the 182 is....

:p s

Cos the first time i spoke to directline they said no mods/options. The car has to be standard trim as per the brochure...i.e. no cup options... And also i suppose piece of mind...

dk

911 GTS Cab

standard trim is anything that comes out of the factory, you will never need to declare anything that a manufacturer has already fitted in production as has already been said.

just going on wot directline said originally but i have phoned since and as you said dave, no problems... must of been a muppet on the phone first time round, cos he hadnt even heard of the 182...

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT

Admiral charged me more when i declared the cup suspension on my 182 so the consider it a modification even though it is fitted at Renault.

Mondeo STTDCI

I dont think they think of it a "mod", more just a more expensive and racier car, therefore more desirable to thieves, joy riders and fast driving enthusiasts!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Guesty182 on 18 March 2004

just going on wot directline said originally but i have phoned since and as you said dave, no problems... must of been a muppet on the phone first time round, cos he hadnt even heard of the 182...
funny you should say that, i did my quote online and then called to take out the cover and they kept saying the 182 wasnt on their system even though i had chosen it on the web, it took me ages to convince them it was set up on their system, they tried to get me to accept the cover for a 172!