ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Didn't realise the latter ones all had lsd. It's a massive improvement, not a fan of the early ones without.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
Didn't realise the latter ones all had lsd. It's a massive improvement, not a fan of the early ones without.
Only ones manufactured from Apr 2010 on, a lot of folk think it's 2010 cars and get caught out (like the guy who I took my car to - 2010 facelift but got it home to realise no lsd). It is good to have. My ep needs it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
Quick decontamination tonight after I got back from lakes. Couldn't resist. Had some s**t fly eye stuff on the fogs, wing mirrors I peeled off as well as the remains of some on he headlights and rear strip. Also removed the faded type r badge from the rear quarters and a shite type r bedge on the grille that looked tatty.
Once over with some gtr to remove the gunk. Then reigning iron fallout remover, wash, clay (synthetic), wash, dry and bit of tyre shine. Also blasted the mats with some woolite solution and the jet wash. Car's now ready for a polish/glaze/sealant/wax.
Some areas look like its been cleaned with a brillo and the rear bumpers are both scuffed so will get it into the body shop sometime.
DSC_7502.JPG
DSC_7495.JPG

View attachment 1179221

DSC_7499.JPG
DSC_7494.JPG
DSC_7487.JPG
DSC_7506.JPG

ae812c187e17b5af5b6207a341808b99.jpg

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
£5k and a hug?

That looks stunning mate. Great purchase

How are the tyres
Cheers. Long way to go yet. Interior needs a proper clean to get rid of the old car smell, going to need some serious layers of polish and glaze, black car problems. All stuff that I can do though so chuffed with that. Got some eibach 15mm pro lines sorted too for next week and get em fitted once I've got them, then off to Stevie @ Grinspeed for an FRSU.
Tyres are an instant improvement, nicer ride, better turn in, better braking, the lsd can show off it's capabilities - not even worn them in yet! @JB21 has the old Re050's off it, no idea what for like.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
There's nothing better than four matching new tyres almost regardless of what they are. That feel of all four corners being perfectly matched grip wise, it's the only way to truly appreciate a car or tyre.

Nice purchase! Secretly I miss NA myself. I have torques, you have a razor sharp throttle. I genuinely miss that.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
There's nothing better than four matching new tyres almost regardless of what they are. That feel of all four corners being perfectly matched grip wise, it's the only way to truly appreciate a car or tyre.

Nice purchase! Secretly I miss NA myself. I have torques, you have a razor sharp throttle. I genuinely miss that.
Yep, plus my OCD wouldn't be able to handle mismatched tyres :) best improvement you can make to a car is decent rubber for sure.
Throttle is not as pleasant as the cable in the EP but yeah it's good to have that response from the right foot again. I'll miss the ability of the megane to outgun any motorway bellend without changing gear like, but NA is definitely the only way for me. It sounds absolutely mental this thing too compared to the EP, dunno why but the induction noise is a lot louder on this, only got a chopped airbox- which isn't ideal but it's safe enough.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
Such great cars. Had mine for just over 12 months now and it is such a fantastic car to drive. Mine is a 2007 with an LSD fitted. Advise fitting a short shifter.
What other mods mate? LSD is ace isn't it, guess you've gone for an M factory?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
Congrats Dan!

Love these as well but rare (and Japanese which we love here) so big $$$ in Dubai for a minter
i have seen a couple of these about in the UAE, but yeah rare! My brother should've got one but ended up getting the 200 out there.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really clean,

As a standalone purchase I'd say it's really nice, as a daily when your weekend car is an EP3 I still don't see the appeal. I do like them though, tempted to convince the missus to get one when her shitty finance deal on her Corsa has finished.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
Looks really clean,

As a standalone purchase I'd say it's really nice, as a daily when your weekend car is an EP3 I still don't see the appeal. I do like them though, tempted to convince the missus to get one when her shitty finance deal on her Corsa has finished.
Honestly they're two very different cars. Ep isnt for the weekend as its miles away at my mums place. Its a cheap car that wouldn't bankrupt me if we smashed it up so I can use it properly on track days etc. :)

Fn is the one I want to keep tip top and shiny

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly they're two very different cars. Ep isnt for the weekend as its miles away at my mums place. Its a cheap car that wouldn't bankrupt me if we smashed it up so I can use it properly on track days etc. :smile:

Fn is the one I want to keep tip top and shiny
That makes a little more sense I suppose. Either way, needs the rear Mugen (sp?) wing. Not the horrible square diffuser/rear end though. They are an abortion.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
That makes a little more sense I suppose. Either way, needs the rear Mugen (sp?) wing. Not the horrible square diffuser/rear end though. They are an abortion.
I'm on it. Either a seeker spoiler extension or mugen wing. Gp or mugen front but standard rear.

Looks good does that. LSD is a nice bonus to have. I just thought it was the CW Editions that had the LSD. But yeah coupled with them Michelins I bet the Handling is quite tidy.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
So turns out this isn't NHB but 'Crystal Black Pearl' NH731P. Has some blue flecks in it, but can't see them until I've polished it up or when its in the light.

Just at colourtone getting touch up kit. Nice.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
26 quid for a bloody relay!!!! Still, a honda receipt for the books.
Aircon now seems to blow. But not cold air, bummer. Fingers cross it just needs regassing so booked in for saturday. It was still using the crap old omron discontinued relay so out with the old, in with the new revised mitsuba relay. Must be mega common as someone was in Stockport Honda buying one at the same time.

77f5aa90e7073e57b6e4723d89297f3e.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Still Looking.
Arnt these common to have issue with the aircon not working and costing a few quid to fix?

I saw the other thread as have been seeing a few FN2's for sale at reasonable prices around here but I think I prefer the EP3. That said I think I prefer the more grown up look with the FN2 just not 100% sure on that rear end yet. Definitely a car which usually looks better in person imo.

I saw the other thread as have been seeing a few FN2's for sale at reasonable prices around here but I think I prefer the EP3. That said I think I prefer the more grown up look with the FN2 just not 100% sure on that rear end yet. Definitely a car which usually looks better in person imo.
Yes. I personally love the back of mine. Looks sexy. Much nicer than the ep3

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  Ep3 & Twingo 133
Drive both. If you want any sort of refinement don't get an ep!