ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Yeah better than peppering the rear bumper with those crap looking sensors. Usually the camera sits under the plinth above the rear plate

bill

ClioSport Club Member
  R53
Very slow progress.

Expected coilovers and an additional 100bhp at the very least by now.

Looks nice, keep seeing more of these in the roads lately, look well lowered, miss the Megane much?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Very slow progress.

Expected coilovers and an additional 100bhp at the very least by now.

Looks nice, keep seeing more of these in the roads lately, look well lowered, miss the Megane much?
More expensive mods for these things!

Miss the meg? Honestly no. It was an ace car but this has properly clicked with me already and the meg never did fully.
There's not a lot I want to change on this. but on the megane it was a weekly event.

bill

ClioSport Club Member
  R53
Yeah I've seen the prices of some of the stuff for honda's not cheap eh.

That's pretty much what I expected you to say regarding the Megane, I'll keep an eye on the progress as it spills over the initial plans lol

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Aircon regassed but compressor won't kick in. Balls.
Know a guy breaking a couple of fns for track cars so shouldn't be an expensive fix. Gas was bone dry so probably why it knackered the compressor.
Don't even use the ac but will get it fixed anyway for the sake of 150 quid or so. Never know when it'll come in useful.

e856bd0a43f6b759a07e9669c532e7ee.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Not a big deal. Will get it sorted. :)

More pissed off that ive waited ages to detail the paint and its bloody pissing down

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Well the rain held off and got most of it done. Plates off to put my plain ones on tomorrow.

Wash, dry, meguiars paint cleaner, meguiars polish, ez car care glaze and fusso KOG. Bodywork and wheels alike. Wheels sealed with ez car care alloy sealant and meguiars tyre dressing stuff.

Do the glass tomorrow and fit the plates and new rear quarter stickers. Not perfect but a damn sight better than it was and I can see the blue flecks in the paint!

133f8f3b4197aaac225dba92338b1ade.jpg
67bb10164d591f529859128629db59a5.jpg
418ccf11cc653ee75997a9bbe2988996.jpg

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
How much is a decent LSD FN2 worth with 60k miles or so? Am I right in thinking that only 2010 onwards and CW editions have the diffs?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
How much is a decent LSD FN2 worth with 60k miles or so? Am I right in thinking that only 2010 onwards and CW editions have the diffs?
Upwards of 6500 if you can find an lsd model. Champ white are guaranteed lsd but you won't get one for less than 8500 on those miles. Fn2 manufactured (not registered) from Apr 2010 will have lsd.

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Upwards of 6500 if you can find an lsd model. Champ white are guaranteed lsd but you won't get one for less than 8500 on those miles. Fn2 manufactured (not registered) from Apr 2010 will have lsd.
Or you could probably buy a wavetrac lsd and have that fitted for around £700.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I've always fancied one of these but they only have 4 seats don't they?
I have too many kids!
Seems like all the cars I like these days have 4 seats!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
I've always fancied one of these but they only have 4 seats don't they?
I have too many kids!
Seems like all the cars I like these days have 4 seats!
Same as any other car? 5 seats this. Never really pay much attention to back seats though. Seen plenty of these with kiddie seats in.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cw would be a great purchase imo. Wouldn't lose any money if you paid half sensible money.

Good luck with the move matey