ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
That's annoying. I've not had any paintwork done on cars which I'm 100% happy with tbh.
Yeah I was having a discussion with my mate the other day saying the exact same thing. I've had paint done now by 5 places and none of them have been perfect. Except the time my e46 went to a bmw bodyshop, that was spot on.

Honda S2000
I can recommend a couple of bodyshops if you’re interested. Prospray sprayed my S2000 and did an amazing job. Not cheap though but a million times better than factory.

Can you do me a favour and take a look at your boot for me? My drivers side is crazy close to the roof line when opening. The seal has also been snagged. No idea if the boot has moved slightly or it’s always been like it.

Shut:

c25f15f8f05d11a81fed7d8f86450729.jpg

Half open:

a13daf8e1ac1e15378b5d0b4db511266.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Yeah my boot is straight and even along there. you've had yours replaced though haven't you?

cheers I might have to really bite the bullet on the paint. I have had a quote for another place to sort it for 300 but i called the guy who did it, today and he says to take it back and he'll redo. So will see.

Not having it like this, I hate it!

Honda S2000
Yeah my boot is straight and even along there. you've had yours replaced though haven't you?

cheers I might have to really bite the bullet on the paint. I have had a quote for another place to sort it for 300 but i called the guy who did it, today and he says to take it back and he'll redo. So will see.

Not having it like this, I hate it!
Nah, I only had the perspex second replaced, the glass is original.

Its literally a couple of mm out on one side. Enough to bring it close enough to the roof line to raise concern though. My mechanic mate thinks the hinge may have twisted slightly with use. It’s definitely not been adjusted though as the hinge looks original, complete with unmarked paint and sealant.

583a90a63aaab7103d50b0b795284be4.jpg

£300 is cheap mate. I paid about £1500 for a front end respray on the s2k and just paid £680 to have the front wing, drivers rear arch and the rust inside my door seam sorted.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Just checked and the gap doesn't change at all when opening and closing the boot. Looks like pin may have bent in the hinge or something? I have a mate breaking an fn2 in Trafford park at the mo if need owt (red tho).

Yeah I shoulda known £300 was way too cheap. I'll give it back and if no good will take it somewhere and get it completely redone. At the mo I can't even be arsed driving it, not in the sun anyway!!

Honda S2000
Just checked and the gap doesn't change at all when opening and closing the boot. Looks like pin may have bent in the hinge or something? I have a mate breaking an fn2 in Trafford park at the mo if need owt (red tho).

Yeah I shoulda known £300 was way too cheap. I'll give it back and if no good will take it somewhere and get it completely redone. At the mo I can't even be arsed driving it, not in the sun anyway!!
Honestly mate, I have no idea. It’s a complete mystery. Everything looks original and completely fine. I can adjust the tailgate but it means removing trim and trashing the headlining to get to the bolts under the hinge.

Here’s what the other side looks like....

d30313ff31054c193ae0892981ffebf1.jpg

Vs

6353773c73a75cd5f2a01963ddc3587f.jpg

Probably about 3-4mm in it.

Problem with the snagged seal is it can’t be replaced without swapping out the window. That in turn means another new perspex window lol. If I pull the seal off I potentially run the risk of plussing off the black coating under the glass.

Very annoying.

In addition ive also got the closeness of the window to the body to consider. If it moves more it’ll connect and probably shatter.

If only I could work out what’s changed. If anything.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Weird. Nothing to do with worn struts or anything? Must've moved by a mm or 2 over time or something, must be able to adjust

Honda S2000
Weird. Nothing to do with worn struts or anything? Must've moved by a mm or 2 over time or something, must be able to adjust
Cheers for checking! Can you do me a massive favour and take a pic so I know how close the glass should at its closest point? Usually when the boot is half open.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Forgot how bloody good michelin ps4 are. Rainsports are excellent for the price and as good as the ps4 in the wet, but in the dry these things are another level! Good blast around Warrington yesterday. Met up with a mate with another highly strung motor
a8dfcea662ef7c8ada9704794886fad0.jpg
c10de3fef3ab28820f4d746fe161a4d5.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Front end respray done again after the first one was quite frankly, appalling! No idea what happened but fair play to the bloke, he took it back and sorted it. Done a really good job to be fair, this time. Didn't want to pass judgement until I'd given it a good polish and seen it in the sun properly, which I managed today.
Loads better than the tired stone chipped look!
Got an annoying clicking again coming from the front end which is next to sort. Might as well get these meisters lashed on at the same time.
While it was getting sprayed I Got him to paint my fuel flap matching black too. Looks good I think. Still got a spare silver if I change my mind.

a4968f78230ce88397440dd1279cfc9f.jpg
1815c7e4f5d49d71ad3f09f5d40247de.jpg
620fd46491de620d3290f406d3eb98f0.jpg
559faab11284b256d4552fd9fdbd9ab4.jpg
c53fce53c203149aa9314510e197664d.jpg
657964cd047de2f40a16a1c71a8311f7.jpg
1205c9b0326fccad9b1c6f437b769fac.jpg
df54d77b35e3cbf01cc968cf5bb6edfa.jpg
3602d9b88cf940a3bb745cdca1eba67e.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Got these brand new arms for a good price on ebay. Worth a dabble for a bush and ball joint refresh. Hopefully get the meisters on soon.
09cf5f36b99b82e7415dcc554559351e.jpg

Honda S2000
Looks great Dan. Let me know how you get on with the suspension.

I’m about to get my wheels refurb’d. No idea what colour to go for...I’m thinking shadow chrome on silver would look good?

Like this (sorry I know it’s a BMW)...

2497c937e301ae7f13a7fa59c6cd705f.jpg

Once that’s done all that’s left for me to do is swap out the stereo for a double din and enjoy the car.

I’ve got my heart set on an e90 M3 next. 4 doors and a bit more oomph is really tempting. Think I’ll start saving and get the ball rolling. Just hope prices remain reasonable.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Yeah shadow chrome would look decent I think. My mate has shadow chrome rages but on a Milano red, but they are smart.
Anything but black really, ha. Black are done to death!

E90 m3 would be a dream come true!! I couldn't handle the thought of a repair bill with one though but I absolutely love the saloon especially. Would be super jealous!

Let me know how you get on with double din or if need a hand

Honda S2000
Yeah shadow chrome would look decent I think. My mate has shadow chrome rages but on a Milano red, but they are smart.
Anything but black really, ha. Black are done to death!

E90 m3 would be a dream come true!! I couldn't handle the thought of a repair bill with one though but I absolutely love the saloon especially. Would be super jealous!

Let me know how you get on with double din or if need a hand
Will do mate!

Black is a definite no no and I don’t fancy anthracite as that’s the colour of the S2000 wheels. I fancy a darker shade of silver tbh. Base silver would be a pretty pointless option.

My friends had a E92 for quite a while, no major issues. They’re generally pretty bullet proof. I’ll probably go for a manual just to be on the safe side lol. Weirdly most of the E90s I’ve seen are manual.

I’d not be willing to pay dealer repair costs though. My best mate who’s a mechanic will work on it for mates rates lol.

Honda S2000
Seriously love them. Especially the saloon.

Like a less obtuse c63
Didn’t @Sir_Dave own one for a while? May be he could kindly give us an insight into his ownership experience.

I’ve got two friends with them one white e92 and another Monte Carlo? special. Both mates are loaded though so I don’t really listen to them when it comes to discussing ownership expense. They just tell me to get one lol.

782607cd8731187513cceb8d9f88b68c.jpg

3cef71947a5a3bbc45af3d009e70fbe5.jpg

Honda S2000
Did he recently buy that monte Carlo? One was for sale up here recently for 20
Nah, he’s had it for a good few years. Also has a mint Clio Williams 3 and a original Audi Quattro in storage. He only used the BM for track days. He did tell me it’s had a new engine lol, presumably related to the rod issue I linked above. I believe it was replaced by the previous owner.

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Dunno much about the BM special additions but I expect them to be OEM alloys.
Im pretty sure you get a choice as standard of 18/19/20" options but whilst the drive maybe improved slightly it doesn't make up for how they look.

Honda S2000
I think I bought new fogs for £50 a pop. They’re Honda with the Honda name blanked out lol. I don’t use them as they annoyingly turn yellow.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
I think I bought new fogs for £50 a pop. They’re Honda with the Honda name blanked out lol. I don’t use them as they annoyingly turn yellow.
One has a very very slightly yellow tinge to it. Both genuine Honda though. The smoked covers make them match though and stop them getting smashed

Honda S2000
One has a very very slightly yellow tinge to it. Both genuine Honda though. The smoked covers make them match though and stop them getting smashed
Yeah, god knows why they yellow must be through poor design.

They’re all genuine from GSF, Euro car parts etc. Just the ones from these sites have the Honda name lasered off. You can actually make out the Honda branding if you look closely enough.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Yeah, god knows why they yellow must be through poor design.

They’re all genuine from GSF, Euro car parts etc. Just the ones from these sites have the Honda name lasered off. You can actually make out the Honda branding if you look closely enough.
Think I saw on the back of mine, they're made in Czech republic. That bloody moss algae stuff managed to get into the edges too, like the rear cluster

Honda S2000
Think I saw on the back of mine, they're made in Czech republic. That bloody moss algae stuff managed to get into the edges too, like the rear cluster
Yeah, shite quality and certainly not worth the price that Honda charge. Honda parts pricing is really odd. Some larger parts are actually reasonably priced while other smaller clips etc can be crazy.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Left the car at the garage today to diagnose the front end click.

He couldn't find fault at all with any of the bushes , top mounts or ball joints!

So all the parts I'd bought were not needed so gonna sell em on and return some.

I did get my subframe collars fitted though and seems to have done the trick, altho I'll give it a week to be sure as it was very intermittent.

Booked in to fit the meisters next Friday.

1b596f0214e5e06eb722870163c1a684.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
The collars should do the trick. I had that annoying clicking noise on mine too.
Mines not on braking or pulling away tho. Was just turning on spot.
At least I know now it's not a knackered ball joint or anything.