ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
New genuine Honda black spark cover and oem black nuts.
Also a genuine mugen gearknob that costs an eye watering 145 quid!
I obvs didn't pay that though.

Didn't think I'd like the gearknob as it's round and lighter than the blox. But actually makes the shift feel shorter so might keep it.

c321b6b55f5c737f707c7a00b9c39121.jpg
a516b66b085acfc836e7d55efcb41cb1.jpg
74ea1bb9e7c1bce55a401e285e8bf020.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Actually it's not that one. It's one for an Fk2 which is why the R is a different font. A relative bargain at 115 from Tegiwa, lolz
2b61509f98381383d355e4f728fbc98e.jpg
3cd849605c08470bb4c2cc713e55bf5d.jpg
6fc06f1bc2e84a6936f57d8fa5544a1b.jpg
c352128fc6be00b185787afda7727b25.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Booked in with Abp motorsport this Saturday for the fast road setup, after these coilovers are fitted Thurs. Think I'm gonna be taking the fn2 to the ring rather than the ep3 as the thought of 1300 miles in that ep is making me wince.
Will get the ac charged!

Honda S2000
Haha! You must spend some serious cash on the FN2! Have you ever worked out how much you spend on tuning a month? 300-500 big ones?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Haha! You must spend some serious cash on the FN2! Have you ever worked out how much you spend on tuning a month? 300-500 big ones?
It's a hobby tho innit and I've not got any nippers. But I have a spreadsheet I update and it's forever growing, lolz.

It'll all change soon though - mortgage repayments are going to get a lot bigger.

I used to spend it all on ale of a weekend, I'm just glad I have something to show for it all now. As long as I'm not spending the bank's money it's reet.

I'd spend this much owning a much more expensive motor but I'd also get hammered for fuel and more expensive parts (which I why I've never been brave enough to get something like an M car or similar, where a set of tyres can cost you £800).

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Looks great, will be awesome with the Meister's on! Have you got anything to adjust the camber etc on yours for when it goes in for setup?

I'm just finalising the brake kit for my one so will have Accord K24 twin pots with 324mm discs, should drastically improve my braking situation.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Nice. You found a set then?

Yeah these meisters are fully adjustable so don't need the camber bolts that I use for the eibachs and std shocks.
Rear isn't adjustable though so hoping I don't need shims with it going a bit lower. But grinspeed said it didn't with the eibachs so fingers crossed.
No point fitting coilovers if it's all out of alignment so Needs doing asap really so I'm not killing tyres off or making it handle worse. Using abp cos they're open on Saturdays, know the fn2 well and also will be able to adjust the whiteline if it fouls etc

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Nice. You found a set then?

Yeah these meisters are fully adjustable so don't need the camber bolts that I use for the eibachs and std shocks.
Rear isn't adjustable though so hoping I don't need shims with it going a bit lower. But grinspeed said it didn't with the eibachs so fingers crossed.
No point fitting coilovers if it's all out of alignment so Needs doing asap really so I'm not killing tyres off or making it handle worse. Using abp cos they're open on Saturdays, know the fn2 well and also will be able to adjust the whiteline if it fouls etc
Well initially i was going to go down the EP3 route, but didn't think that would be much of an upgrade. Did look at the first Accord Type R twin pots, but hard to find and expensive. So i settled with the biggest OEM brakes i can find from the last Accord 2.4 lol.

The Meister's come with adjustable top mounts? I'm used to EG/EK where they never did lol. I do need to call Grinspeed to ask about clutches actually, i have heard ABP are pretty good.

Honda S2000
It's a hobby tho innit and I've not got any nippers. But I have a spreadsheet I update and it's forever growing, lolz.

It'll all change soon though - mortgage repayments are going to get a lot bigger.

I used to spend it all on ale of a weekend, I'm just glad I have something to show for it all now. As long as I'm not spending the bank's money it's reet.

I'd spend this much owning a much more expensive motor but I'd also get hammered for fuel and more expensive parts (which I why I've never been brave enough to get something like an M car or similar, where a set of tyres can cost you £800).
How much have you spent on it so far?

Don’t have a kid, they cost a fortune.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Double what the car cost me, ha.

A lot of it are just bolt ons I could sell on though.

No plans to get rid of it though so all good and it's super good nick now.

Honda S2000
Double what the car cost me, ha.

A lot of it are just bolt ons I could sell on though.

No plans to get rid of it though so all good and it's super good nick now.
What’s left to do?

How much did you originally pay for it?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
What’s left to do?

How much did you originally pay for it?
6500 i think. Was a bit neglected but had the lsd and was cheapest lsd model at the time.

Nothing really. Fancy a rocker change and I've ordered a few engine dress up bits for it when bored on ebay.
Coilovers on, geo setup and a machine polish.
Don't want a bbk or exhaust or remap or anything like that as it just spoils it for everyday. Don't fancy the mugen wang.

Will be clocking up the miles on it soon when I move house aswell so just keep it fuelled and well serviced/polished.

Honda S2000
6500 i think. Was a bit neglected but had the lsd and was cheapest lsd model at the time.

Nothing really. Fancy a rocker change and I've ordered a few engine dress up bits for it when bored on ebay.
Coilovers on, geo setup and a machine polish.
Don't want a bbk or exhaust or remap or anything like that as it just spoils it for everyday. Don't fancy the mugen wang.

Will be clocking up the miles on it soon when I move house aswell so just keep it fuelled and well serviced/polished.
Not interested in a remap? Supposed to really improve the drivability and responsiveness.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Not interested in a remap? Supposed to really improve the drivability and responsiveness.
Definitely not an ecutek. Sounds very buggy to me.
Did think about a hondata but I kinda like the way it drives to be honest. Not too eager like the ep3 so you're hammering it all the time. With it being a bit lazier, it's easier to drive less like a bellend.

Honda S2000
Definitely not an ecutek. Sounds very buggy to me.
Did think about a hondata but I kinda like the way it drives to be honest. Not too eager like the ep3 so you're hammering it all the time. With it being a bit lazier, it's easier to drive less like a bellend.
Yep! My major gripe with these is they’re now so cheap most are owned by scuffers and get max powered. The Mugen wing is awful.

Liking the new knob? What did you pay for it out of interest?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Yep! My major gripe with these is they’re now so cheap most are owned by scuffers and get max powered. The Mugen wing is awful.

Liking the new knob? What did you pay for it out of interest?
Yeah they are. Young lads are buying them all now and making them proper halfords and spending zero on maintenance stuff.
One lad (you'll know who I mean) is buying loads of tat, like arch extensions, for his and when his shocks were leakinghe was asking for a cheap second hand one off a diesel, not even a pair! Rough.

55 quid for it with a genuine black spark cover. But I'm going to Get an aftermarket cover when I do the rocker in a month or 2.
Ordered some hybrid racing bits for the engine so will get a matching spark cover.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
What’s new? Dipstick?

Where’s the old oil cap gone?
Hybrid racing flush fit, locking oil cap and dipstick

Also a genuine new Honda black spark cover with black dome nuts (taken my painted one and vtec cover off)

Lashed the old stuff on ebay now and on the hunt for a hybrid rail.

Honda S2000
Hybrid racing flush fit, locking oil cap and dipstick

Also a genuine new Honda black spark cover with black dome nuts (taken my painted one and vtec cover off)

Lashed the old stuff on ebay now and on the hunt for a hybrid rail.
Where did you get the dipstick from? Any reason why you changed the oil cap? Your bloc one looked nice.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Where did you get the dipstick from? Any reason why you changed the oil cap? Your bloc one looked nice.
Came up second hand and I just really like hybrid racing bits. Blox was nice but Christ it gets bloody hot being billet.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
What bugs have you heard about with ecutek?
Loads of ballaches. Little glitches. Can't remember exactly cos they weren't my issues. Know a good few lads with ecutek and also some lads with hondata or stock ones. The ones with ecutek seem to have a lot more probs and flashing lights and the others have never reported a thing.
Never liked the idea of ecutek either, far too gimmicky with all the pops and bangs and all that crap. Seems like marketing spiel to me. Hondata been the go to for years so if I had the choice id definitely go hondata

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Meister r's on. Think the height will need a bit of tweaking (10mm off front and 5mm higher on back) but ready for the frsu on Saturday. Not tried it out yet, will do on Saturday properly.

eeb8079c09d99581fbc92226bb8eb75b.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Nice! I'm sure ABP will do a good job they know Hondas well. Who did your alignment for the ep3?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Nice! I'm sure ABP will do a good job they know Hondas well. Who did your alignment for the ep3?
Latest setup was done by Tensport who do all my ep3 stuff. It's still up there now! Need it back next week.

Grinspeed did the setup on this before, when I got the clutch done.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Well I can confirm that an fn2 with decent coilovers is a proper go kart! No more crashy ride (when set to softer settings) and what a weapon in the corners!

Drove terrible after having them fitted, but a couple of hours at Abp having the front dropped another 10mm and getting the alignment right, it's an absolute cracker.

No wonder I had loads of road noise yesterday, was toeing out loads at the front. Really helpful bunch and get some really nice cars turning up.

Very pleased with the fn now.
10935ec4ff81c34744790f9fbd0315e7.jpg
24dd73e5584708688e6941b21aeec0d7.jpg
4daa84c3861128c17d272cebc675d349.jpg
e8fb433d96bfdefc17d3ef15b26d8849.jpg

Honda S2000
I like it. Think you need a bit of contrast just not bloody black wheels!

What about that shadow chrome type colour?
I had a look at the shadow chrome but against the car it looked a little naff.

Its tricky to gauge what the car will look like with the actual wheels painted rather than just a rim plonked in front lol