ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
I had a look at the shadow chrome but against the car it looked a little naff.

Its tricky to gauge what the car will look like with the actual wheels painted rather than just a rim plonked in front lol
I'd go for a darker silver. To be honest, these hi power silver would look good too (same as my 18s pro race) as they look a bit of a titanium finish rather than sparkly silver on my ep3 wheels.
I think if you had a gp kit you should get darker wheels like gunmetal but without silver would look tidy

Honda S2000
I'd go for a darker silver. To be honest, these hi power silver would look good too (same as my 18s pro race) as they look a bit of a titanium finish rather than sparkly silver on my ep3 wheels.
I think if you had a gp kit you should get darker wheels like gunmetal but without silver would look tidy
So you think go for the ones i pictured?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
I would get darker but not too dark. Silver is a mega safe bet though isn't it, just that some powder coaters have a really s**t selection of silvers

Honda S2000
I would get darker but not too dark. Silver is a mega safe bet though isn't it, just that some powder coaters have a really s**t selection of silvers
I agree mate. This guy is local so will stick the car on blocks, collect and deliver the wheels.

Problem with powder coating the pictures don't look anything like the wheels do in person. Plus silver cars are a pain.

Do you think the wheels in the picture are too dark?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
I agree mate. This guy is local so will stick the car on blocks, collect and deliver the wheels.

Problem with powder coating the pictures don't look anything like the wheels do in person. Plus silver cars are a pain.

Do you think the wheels in the picture are too dark?
Nah I like gunmetal wheels on silver, just hate black and white wheels full stop lolz.

Gunmetal would look gash on a dark car tho

Honda S2000
Nah I like gunmetal wheels on silver, just hate black and white wheels full stop lolz.

Gunmetal would look gash on a dark car tho
Cheers mate!

I think I'm going to go for them, fancy a change and bongo silver is dull as dishwater.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Just got back from our Nurburgring trip yesterday. Haven't done the full drive since I first went, 6 trips ago! The place still amazes me and never feels exactly the same (unlike some track days). Scorching hot weather, which led to a fair bit of chaos, but that's what I love about TF.

Fn2 was the right choice (over the ep3) - air con and cruise control. The meister coilovers were so smooth for the whole trip, only firmed up to fully hard on the tourist laps I did with my mate as passenger. Loads of traffic so weren't fast laps at all, but again, it's TF so it's about the fun and experience not willy waving laptimes.

I genuinely think that it handles better than the ep3, it's so much more planted. Obviously lacks the punch of my ep3 with standard engine/exhaust and no map, plus a car full of crap! A/C on a lap aswell was a god send!

Loads of crashes on the Sat/Sunday - so satruday I just watched with some beers. Sunday we had an 'M5 competition' ring taxi (as recommended by @james) and then I did my final lap, which was pretty much yellow flags all the way to the end from Brunnchen.

Love this car it's such a great all rounder and I actually love that people hate it, for some reason it adds to the appeal.

Mate came in his rs3 too, had a lap on Saturday in it. The thing is savage! Sounds amazing and never seems to have any lack of power at any revs!

0eb910763894e49c6f2b9016991c2b0d.jpg
70d00622add2d338f90932084b6551d9.jpg
3999e57c21342692df133d4b1097c352.jpg
a8e9a5a4d88ca02dbadbe05617702dc3.jpg

Attachments

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Just got back from our Nurburgring trip yesterday. Haven't done the full drive since I first went, 6 trips ago! The place still amazes me and never feels exactly the same (unlike some track days). Scorching hot weather, which led to a fair bit of chaos, but that's what I love about TF.

Fn2 was the right choice (over the ep3) - air con and cruise control. The meister coilovers were so smooth for the whole trip, only firmed up to fully hard on the tourist laps I did with my mate as passenger. Loads of traffic so weren't fast laps at all, but again, it's TF so it's about the fun and experience not willy waving laptimes.

I genuinely think that it handles better than the ep3, it's so much more planted. Obviously lacks the punch of my ep3 with standard engine/exhaust and no map, plus a car full of crap! A/C on a lap aswell was a god send!

Loads of crashes on the Sat/Sunday - so satruday I just watched with some beers. Sunday we had an 'M5 competition' ring taxi (as recommended by @james) and then I did my final lap, which was pretty much yellow flags all the way to the end from Brunnchen.

Love this car it's such a great all rounder and I actually love that people hate it, for some reason it adds to the appeal.
I'm surprised, not gonna lie.

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
You defo made the right choice taking the FN over the EP. F*ck driving all that way in a tinny track car. I cant go 10 miles in the MR before it starts to annoy the sh*t out of me. I'd 100% take the Skoda if I ever do a ring trip.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
They feel way more than a generation advanced over the EP3 tbh. I was never impressed with the one I drove many moons ago
Million times better steering (ep3 was never going to be hard to beat to be fair) and much more planted car. When I get the chain done I'll be doing the balancer shaft removal to make it a bit more revvy like the ep. Just got 91k almost, on the trip.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
You defo made the right choice taking the FN over the EP. F*ck driving all that way in a tinny track car. I cant go 10 miles in the MR before it starts to annoy the sh*t out of me. I'd 100% take the Skoda if I ever do a ring trip.
Defo. It was harsh enough in the fn2, I think I'd have binned the ep3 off by Watford gap :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
It's now worthy of the sticker. Brand new genuine fn2 type r badge too. The fk8 one looked a bit odd
e99c728575cae462624648fce08f6c8a.jpg

josh11490

ClioSport Club Member
  Not a clio, Saxo vtr
Absolutely gutted for you with what I just seen on facebook.

I've shared the post, fingers crossed you get some info.

Might be worth sharing the post on here for others to see and share?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
w*****s ,ihope you get it back ,i had my house done the same in the back for the keys ,they found the car but i did not want it back
So what happened mate? If its not right can i refuse it? Hoping my insurance will cover some mods

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s4 avant
Can't have anything in the is world without some scumbag coming along... Winds me up.

Sorry to hear mate

182 clio
gutted to hear mate...
Fingers crossed they get caught not that it will ease the pain loosing your pride and joy.
the main thing is your family remained safe cars and possessions can be replaced.