ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Stranded on the Saddleworth moors!! Friggin battery went flat. 85 quid for a new one. Choked

Civic type r
How much is a decent LSD FN2 worth with 60k miles or so? Am I right in thinking that only 2010 onwards and CW editions have the diffs?
The update on these came out about 59 plate and got a USB in the centre arm rest and lsd so that should you help your search

Civic type r
Body to battery and think one to gearbox but got rid of mine five years ago so can't remember exactly

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Will take a look. Battery looks pretty old like so might be original one. Weirdly it now says 12.7 volts! Guess thats cos ive just got home with it charged? 14 volts constantly with the engine running so no alternator Issues there.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Car seems fine now. Will see how it is in the morning. Gonna take this £85 battery back to Halfords and order a proper Yuasa YBX3053 instead. Positive terminal was mega loose so guess that'll explain a few things as it wouldn't have been getting much charge! Will see, for £55 quid for a yuasa it's worth switching over. That was my spring/spacer fund tho, lolz.
So yeah, took it up to Saddleworth for a few pics (and take the Mrs for lunch for putting up with me). This is where it konked out too, had to flag a kind farmer lady in a defender down for a jump start! Had a rant with the RAC too, told me 2-3 hrs as all the drivers are mega busy, then I got this jump started, drove 2 mins down the road and an RAC van is parked up in the layby with the driver having a friggin snooze!! Not pleased. Anyway, DSLR shots taken - new plain plates and new rear quarter stickers on.
IMG_8216.JPG
IMG_8250.JPG
IMG_8244.JPG
IMG_8221.JPG
IMG_8242.JPG

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Checked it over with a multimeter. Voltage drops below 10v when starting so the cca is goosed by look of it. 12.5v when not used and 14v when running. New battery time.

Civic type r
Just reading through your plans for this car, don't bother with the eibach there a Waste of time. I had them fitted and didn't notice any difference,Waste of money, tdi north used to post there fast road settings, so you could do it yourself, you just need camber bolts and shims for the rear

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
Any ideas for decent brake pads for FN2's mine are on their way to around 1/2 to 3/4 worn so I'm looking for some new ones.

Civic type r
I put stop tech from abp motorsport in crewe easily as good standard and get better when warm were about £60 from memory

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Just reading through your plans for this car, don't bother with the eibach there a Waste of time. I had them fitted and didn't notice any difference,Waste of money, tdi north used to post there fast road settings, so you could do it yourself, you just need camber bolts and shims for the rear
Thinking to go with teins now, I cant do an frsu, will take it to Stevie

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Any ideas for decent brake pads for FN2's mine are on their way to around 1/2 to 3/4 worn so I'm looking for some new ones.
Pbs pads are unbeatable for the money. Have em in my ep. Will be getting them in this when the ferodo run out

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Me? Yeah. I'll watsapp.

New battery on, miles better. Start up is miles more sure of itself. Aircon relay is now clicking too?! Maybe thats sorted it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Another niggle to sort tomorrow. Pcv valve. Thought it was the alternator pulley making the rattle, but I had a google and it this little beggar! Apparently mega common.
Collecting the part tomorrow from Honda (£45 quid) and will try fit it after work or at the weekend.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Pcv valve done. Absolute doddle to do with an extended 17mm socket and long nose pliers. The hissy rattle has gone. Oil consumption will no doubt improve too as I had this done on my 330ci (it was an expensive job on that tho!).
Fitted some perspex fog protectors too which are marmite but livens up the front a bit.

e6b639645cb1d9c354e6c7e25f73c270.jpg
ea5d9a0e518475c46912ea300c2f4aea.jpg
21e35a76927376ab8d2170b3d76ed2f9.jpg
59a67e374419d63e9218792caf49d0be.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
And......... Yet more marmite........but I swear these are awesome as make shift reverse sensors and prevent car park idiots! The one on my ep has taken a battering and my bumper is still mint so a great way to spend 5 mins and 15 quid! Apparently this one will actually work too, unlike the benen replica on my ep so gonna swap em over.

Haterz will hate

5631a45eb9834194467caae8932c2265.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
How do you find the performance over the ep3?
Honestly I think its as quick. Its not as snappy from the throttle but it seems more keen at the top end. The better build takes away a lot of the sense of speed that you feel in the ep. The gearchange is different as the revs hang more, probs cos of the balancer oil pump setup and throttle as said isnt as snappy due to the fbw.
Handling I can't really say yet. Definitely not as chuckable as the ep, definitely feels a bigger and heavier car. Its absolutely no slouch though and despite lacking the rawness and edgy feel of the ep, I reckon there is sod all in it. I'd say ep off the line but fn is as strong, you just need to work the fn harder.
Induction noise is definitely louder in this. And as an everyday car it blows the ep out the water. Makes the ep feel ancient.