ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danith's facelift Fn2 Civic Type R

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Lovely car and gone for the right spoiler in my opinion.... I dont think its got enough power as standard to justify the Mugen park bench... fair enough if it was 300bhp. The one you've opted for is spot on IMO.

Not a fan of the rear towhook/ yellow fogs (sorry...!) Think it cheapens the look. Really fancy one of these next instead of the Clio. Mate of mine has had his for last 6+ years and 70k miles. It has been faultless aside from roof rust done under warranty and consumables. Sound awesome on cam :up:
Yeah I'm defo in the minority with my ebay add ons. I'm not 100% on the fogs but will defo be keeping a tow hook on the back. Already seen scuffs on it from parking bank holiday bellends.
Yeah on Vtec its mental loud! And all thats been done on this is a small hole cut out of the bottom of the box at the mo.

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh yes the bronze metallic black? Looks ace that. Think was on the earlier cars.
The metallic brown wouldve been a cdti or type s. Type r fn only came in red, black or silver. Latest year they added a really nice dark blue colour but they're rare as. And of course the champ white ones on the aptly named champ white edition and mugen 200's
Was def a R. It may have been black but looked brown in the sun. It was lovely.

Edit. Like so -
cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi34.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fd125%2FEd_182%2Fed_2-1-2_zpsc2b1ca3f.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
One thing that made me consider a 200 was the colour range. Honda got lazy there, but then it is a toned down type r for the masses

200 EDC
Clocked this on the way home today:

Seeing it everywhere now since you started this thread Dan

Please forgive my crap wipers!
19162dbcf6eea74cc06ecff6876a30d5.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Clocked this on the way home today:

Seeing it everywhere now since you started this thread Dan

Please forgive my crap wipers!
19162dbcf6eea74cc06ecff6876a30d5.jpg
I never saw any eps or fns when I was over! That looks ace. I never really asked my bro, not sure if it's oman or uae aswell, but isnt it illegal to have a dirty car over there? Sweet rule but why?!

200 EDC
Ha

It's illegal to have your car parked on a public road dirty to the point of looking like it's abandoned but I wouldn't get a ticket for not changing old rubber blades (which I'm doing in a couple of days honest!!)

200 EDC

Came across this guy when I was bored one day and surfing YouTube for Ph1 track day footage.

He's like Italy's Chris Harris - most of his stuff has English subtitles and I have to say the content is top drawer.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Ah
Ha

It's illegal to have your car parked on a public road dirty to the point of looking like it's abandoned but I wouldn't get a ticket for not changing old rubber blades (which I'm doing in a couple of days honest!!)
Ah yes that's it. My bro got stung with a fine fr leaving his 207 RC covered in dust when he came back to the UK for summer. Just thinking that's why cars always look better out there than here! Always look glossier, but then they don't suffer as bad as over here I suppose.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3

Came across this guy when I was bored one day and surfing YouTube for Ph1 track day footage.

He's like Italy's Chris Harris - most of his stuff has English subtitles and I have to say the content is top drawer.
Thanks - now I want an S2000

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
Mine has got full Honda history and is due a service next month. I can't make my mind up whether to take it to Honda or to my friends garage where my cars usually go.

I'll be selling it late this year/early next year, will it having full dealer history make much difference on a ten year old Honda Civic.

Civic type r
Mine has got full Honda history and is due a service next month. I can't make my mind up whether to take it to Honda or to my friends garage where my cars usually go.

I'll be selling it late this year/early next year, will it having full dealer history make much difference on a ten year old Honda Civic.

Civic type r
I Would say with full history easier to sell, and give the buyer more confidence, a bit like cheap tyres if you get my meaning

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3

I'm not using honda. I'll be taking it to grinspeed or another well known indy.
I think its good for someone who doesn't know much about the cars if its full honda, but anyone who knows them knows the indies and knows they're as good if not better.
I think with pcp being dished out so freely its making second hand cars over 3k a bit tough to sell anyway.

Civic type r
I'm not using honda. I'll be taking it to grinspeed or another well known indy.
I think its good for someone who doesn't know much about the cars if its full honda, but anyone who knows them knows the indies and knows they're as good if not better.
I think with pcp being dished out so freely its making second hand cars over 3k a bit tough to sell anyway.
Also pcp is making used cars depreciation fall quicker

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Also pcp is making used cars depreciation fall quicker
Yeah always wondered what happens when the pcp term finishes. People won't pay the same monthly cost for an older car, but no one wants to buy cars anymore?!

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That's what the electric type R will look like in twenty years or so.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
I know Honda have had to resort to turbo (which is deeply upsetting for me), but that's probably more to do with emissions rules forcing them?

When they go electric you know Honda will boss it

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Still happy with the fn2 mate?
Yeah its great. Its in the garage at the mo having he Clutch bled with a new hel braided line for good measure.
Bite was too low for me despite everyone saying its normal so he's gonna raise it a bit.
Dropping the seeker off tomorrow too for paint.
Good cars these definitely, no rocket ship but well behaved and quick.

I find it a good medium between the 330ci and ep3. Whereas the 330 was a boring car that was tried to make a bit more sporty, this is a sporty car from the start thats been softened down.

Yeah its great. Its in the garage at the mo having he Clutch bled with a new hel braided line for good measure.
Bite was too low for me despite everyone saying its normal so he's gonna raise it a bit.
Dropping the seeker off tomorrow too for paint.
Good cars these definitely, no rocket ship but well behaved and quick.

I find it a good medium between the 330ci and ep3. Whereas the 330 was a boring car that was tried to make a bit more sporty, this is a sporty car from the start thats been softened down.
Fair does. You fitted the short shifter kit off ebay? £12 thingy. Decent for the cost. Cant remember if ive mentioned this before - apologies if so.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Fair does. You fitted the short shifter kit off ebay? £12 thingy. Decent for the cost. Cant remember if ive mentioned this before - apologies if so.
Nah not heard of that. Does it need a short shift? Mines not bad. Much better than the megane

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Got the car back. Clutch bled and adjusted. Bite is a bit higher up now, winner. Braided line on just cos, why not.

88ebfdea567c0080d5b404ceebcc6f68.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know Honda have had to resort to turbo (which is deeply upsetting for me), but that's probably more to do with emissions rules forcing them?

When they go electric you know Honda will boss it
If they'd stuck with na, they'd be so far behind the average class power it would be a warm hatch.