ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dann2707's BMW 335D E91 Touring

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
As many of you will know I was looking out for something more comfy to soak up motorway driving and to provide me and the Mrs with a more comfy barge for going away in.

Our current fleet of cars is a citroen c1 and a Toyota mr2 so shopping was an absolute pain too.

I was looking at 325d's, then moved onto 330d's then man maths kicked in and started looking to see if a 335d would fall within my budget scope. It absolutely f**king didn't but that's where the man maths chromosome kicks in at 9k revs. Or should I say 5k revs now.

This popped up on Facebook and I messaged him instantly but got no reply. I sent him a message directly and he didn't read it so I went full weirdo and saw a mate who tagged him in a photo earlier in the year and messaged him to get him to read it. Low and behold I got a message from him an hour later saying he'd ring me in the evening. He did and a deal was made.

Me and @leeds2592 went up to where he lived in Cumbria and then I drove it home on Sunday.

The journey was mega, absolutely unreal for comfort and just general toys. The sound system is fantastic too.

Quick post now as I'm hungry and I haven't even put the pizza in the oven yet but anyway this is the spec thanks to @Sir_Dave

Space gray metallic - A52
Leather "dakota" saddle-brown - LCD3
Exterior Mirror Package (folding outside mirrors)
Heated seats
Front and rear parking sensors
Adaptive Xenon lights
Automatic High-beam headlights control (high beam assist)
Navigation System Professional
Dab tuner
Harman / Kardon Surround Sound System
Individual Sun Protection Glazing
Horrible alloys but somewhat suit it
Horrible pressed plates that do not.

My plans are little atm:
I want to get Bluetooth audio playing so combox
Bush replacement all over
Full detail
Gearbox flash
Map eventually

On the exterior it's genuinely immaculate all over. No horrible dents anywhere!

I've found tonight that the bracket that clips for the parcel shelf has snapped so I'll replace that some point but it's no buggy.

IMG_20210802_202007.jpg
IMG_20210802_201924.jpg
IMG_20210802_201552.jpg
IMG_20210802_201510.jpg
IMG_20210802_201457.jpg
IMG_20210802_194546.jpg
IMG_20210802_201447.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's properly hard to get a good picture of the interior which is infuriating, every picture I've taken it looks a lot lighter than it actually is hahaah maybe I'll try filter it to show what it actually looks like.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Needs de-gangstering.

(Silver wheels, gloss black bonnet grill, clear side repeaters)

Love it though. We had a saddle brown interior on a 318d and it was proper proper nice. So much nicer than bland old black.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah for sure regarding the degangstering ! Infact I forgot to add those bits to the list.

Needs the original m sport wheels

Also forgot to mention that it's got the pop out tow bar too, proper dildo spec.

And not to mention its got these nonce beacons fitted to it. Just can't imagine someone stood back at it once fitted, tapped their sister and dad (same person) on the shoulder and went these look amazing don't they.

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Will be watching this Thread to see how you get on with it.

@wayne9989 off here has a 30d touring with the same interior and I really like it.

Porl

ClioSport Club Member
Decent bruy Danyil 👍. Brown interior looks good and I like the wheels on it, just get them redone in silver while you're making blue collar spec.

Steve_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Very nice mate. What profile tyres does it have, they look quite stretched on those wheels, what about some chunkier bois?

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Great purchase. I like the wheels on there, but they do need to be silver.

My mate had the BMW motorsport jobbies on his E91 and they looked great and still oem. Style 216 i think?

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

My mate had the BMW motorsport jobbies on his E91 and they looked great and still oem. Style 216 i think?
Ye the 216m would look great on this

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

1627984550554.png

I really like 216's too but weirdly I don't think they picture well, look loads better in the flesh to me. I really wanted a set for my e46 but the seem to flatspot/crack dead easily so most I came across had been repaired.

Love a set of BBS CH's on these too.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely buy once you de Bradford it

Seriously tempted to sack off the Volvo and get an E91 as well at some point but then I'll look like a reet bmw wanker

I'd imagine you'll be able to chuck some M3 arms and bushes on this as well to tighten it up and make it less boat spec

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1551204

I really like 216's too but weirdly I don't think they picture well, look loads better in the flesh to me. I really wanted a set for my e46 but the seem to flatspot/crack dead easily so most I came across had been repaired.

Love a set of BBS CH's on these too.

Yeah that looks bad but they really dont in the flesh as you say.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I love it but can't help but think it needs to be lightened a little.

Silver wheels
Original grill
Clear side repeaters
Agree on the wheels & repeaters, but would go gloss black grills personally.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Very nice. Get an android stereo, best thing you can do.

With CIC you can get an MMI box to add carplay/android auto for £189 from DroidUK and retain all the OEM stuff as well, I'd only bin off the factory iDrive if it was CCC as that's properly sh!te.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yup Style 216, I had them on my last E90, lovely wheels and made by BBS, but still crack with RFT's

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
With CIC you can get an MMI box to add carplay/android auto for £189 from DroidUK and retain all the OEM stuff as well, I'd only bin off the factory iDrive if it was CCC as that's properly sh!te.

The screens are s**t though. The beauty of the Android units are that they retain the idrive system still, you can just switch between them.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Becoz runflats

My first set had a crack, they're no stronger than other E9X alloys sadly, but binning off RFT's is the best thing you can do on these.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The screens are s**t though. The beauty of the Android units are that they retain the idrive system still, you can just switch between them.

Good enough IMO, it's only displaying low res stuff (mpg, music info, etc) unless you plan to watch films/tv/youtube on it, which I don't. 🤷‍♂️

I'd only want to add Carplay to use Waze TBH