ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dann2707's BMW 335D E91 Touring

@dann2707

Here’s pretty much all you’ll ever need for the exterior wash/wax. This is stuff that I’ve now come to prefer, but it’s all personal preference.

2 buckets (maybe not necessary on a grey car, but an absolute must on a black car)
Bilt Hamber auto foam (you can use it in a pump sprayer - that’s what I do)
Carpro reset
PoorBoys black hole
Collinite 845 (seals the poorboys in and keeps the shine for ages)
Carpro Perl - hands down the best tyre shine I’ve ever used. Plus you can water it down and use it for interior trims as well.
AF Dressle for under bonnet stuff/interior stuff.
Carpro reset maintenance or intensive?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Shite pic bit just given it a midweek wash to try out reset.

Feels absolutely incredibly slick over the paintwork. Didn't take me long at all to wash it either.

IMG_20210819_191740.jpg

Started an excel spreadsheet today to monitor some things I want to do to it so I can easily keep track.

I've got a front and rear gash cam coming tomorrow so will be fitting that Sunday.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Had a day hanging out of my arse so got stuck in with the dashcam install.

All was very straight forward but it took longer than the average install for me because I bought one that had a rear camera too.

Lots of trim removal to get everything nice and neat but it's in there now.

Feels so good knowing I can now angrily tap the dashcam 3 times if someone cuts me up.

Few random pics of the install. It's all neatly tucked under the headlining and that. Happy days.

IMG_20210822_145804.jpg
IMG_20210822_145901.jpg
IMG_20210822_145801.jpg
IMG_20210822_145702.jpg
IMG_20210822_145407.jpg
IMG_20210822_141457.jpg
IMG_20210822_141454.jpg

LY Meg Cup-S STI wid
Had a quick look for my own interest. Seems to be ok.

Little bit about letting others know in the car if recording audio.

Although strangely if you have CCTV at your house that looks over onto public area (ie street) you need to sign it.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Reactions: MLB

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ahhhh yes. I remember having the fuse box behind the glovebox now. Unlike my E60...... Where its in the fuckin boot 🙄

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Had a well productive evening.

Firstly I now know where the battery is located. Definitely didn't spend more than 2 minutes looking around for it in the engine bay... 😂

Secondly I have now hopefully (need to test it) disabled the warning chime for when the seatbelt isn't plugged in. I would never drive without a seatbelt it's just for when I pull into my courtyard and reverse in my drive its a massive pain belted in.

Secondly and this definitely works as I have a video of it below haha enabled the mirrors so that they fold in. Also edited the file so that you don't have to hold it, it just does it on a single press of the fob.

Very happy for my first time playing with inpa, ncs expert and ncs dummy. YouTube is absolutely brilliant.

I've also just received a little scope kit as I want to get stuck into diagnostics a bit more. It's a skill I've always wanted to learn and the possibilities of them are really quite endless! This is a cheap one (£100) and just a 2 channel kit but to get stuck in and to learn it seems absolutely spot on.

IMG_20210825_194315.jpg
IMG_20210825_181918.jpg

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work on the coding, I need to do some reading up as the mirrors and digital speedo are two things I want to sort on mine too, I'll stop being lazy at some point and sort them!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be honest I'm not massively impressed after a quick drive up the road.

I wonder if it will take some driving to get to understand the benefits of it.

@Christopher you did this map too didn't you?

Nice that it actually shows you what gear you're in now though 😂

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be honest I'm not massively impressed after a quick drive up the road.

I wonder if it will take some driving to get to understand the benefits of it.

@Christopher you did this map too didn't you?

Nice that it actually shows you what gear you're in now though 😂
I've heard many people say something about gearbox maps on these taking a little time while adaptions relearn etc.

Your defo an old man, everyone else would have done remapped it immediately and also selected the stage 3 option 🤣

Great work though, given that you didn't know what INPA was a couple of weeks ago and now your bossing it.