ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI Starting Problems

my girlfriend has a 52 reg billabong DCI. most times when she starts it, the coil thing that lights up on the diesels (i dont think that is the technical term for it!!!) just wont light up. i have been told by one or two people that this could be the heater plugs. is this the case?

also, the cable that connects to the handle that allows you to pull the passenger forward to get into the back has snapped on her car, do you know where i can get a replacement?

cheers in advance for any help!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I think these 'heater plugs' you are on about are called 'glow plugs'. I don't know that much about diesels (especially new ones), but from my understanding of them, (or how they used to be), when you first turn on the ignition the 'glow plug' light comes on and when it goes out you then start the car. Meaning I think that the ignition key has two positions, warm up , and start. I could be wrong though.

If the glow plug light fails to come on, or when on, fails to go off, I should imagine it would mean the glow plugs need replacing. I am sure someone who knows more about diesels can explain this better or maybe say I have got it completely wrong. lol

As for the cable, I should imagine you could get another one from either Renault themselves or maybe a breakers yard.

CB600FS
Gaz get a test light and put a feed to the plugs, see if it lights up - if it lights they're okay. If your really keen get the multimeter out and get the resistance of them.

Really easy to test yourself