ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Cat??

on every newish car you have a catlytic converter (cat) on the exhaust which lowers the emissions . (better for the environmemt)

anyway having a decat will stop the restrictions imposed by the cat , giving better exhaust flow , thus being more responsive and producing more power for the car .

if your emissions are too high , you will fail the M.O.T though .

several ppl will explain its a very good mod , the freeflow will provide extra power and give a boomier note to the system .

have a word with ppl who have one fitted to their car for gains etc .

you will probably / most defo need to swap around come M.O.T time so it will pass the emissions test .

look here Decat!!!

Clio MK2 (1.2)
on the 1.2 a de-cat deffo inmproves, i have felt improvment since doing mine as b4 i couldnt race my m8ts corsa 1.2 twinport but now he aint catchin up with me :) but it sounds s**t as youl need a back box then to get a Roar lol

Integra Type-R DC2
On my list of mods for next year, probably after my MOT. Worthwhile.

MINI Cooper S
If you dont want to be messing around with putting the cat back on for every MOT i wouldnt bother to be honest. Its also illegal so if you get pulled and they test your car noise which i think is pretty rare, you will probably get done for it.

Clio 172 Cup
have one fitted on mine, will definetly give you a small increase in performance, however will make you car about 10 times louder.

you will have to put the cat back on for the MOT (unless you can find a mot tester who will turn a blind eye), easy job though to swap them over.

click the link below to hear mine. it gives a very loud rasp! takes a little time to get used to.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yqKQp7LyiEo

a thirsty one
i had a de cat on my last car a 106gti with custom exhaust it was a bit too loud really as the system had no middle box and on a rolling road i has a few bhp down over my last figures duen to lack of back pressure.

not sure how much diff it would make to a 1.2 but you may find your emissions dash light may come on, you will need to put your cat back on for your mot, once i fit my new exhaust system that comes in a few weeks i may still fit a decat to see how it sounds it is a good bhp/throttle response for the money, with every + there are - though, try and pick upn a second hand one and see how you like it.