ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on…. 2 issues resolved!

Q7, traffic van
Fitted decat today to the existing janspeed cat back that was on…. Not only has it made it sound better it has completely changed the car, it was lacking in power in the lower Rev range to the point I thought something was wrong, it literally only had a slight kick after 5k. Now it feels alive, even low down it feels so less restricted, throttle response is now instant and can’t believe the difference in power. Clearly the old cat was knackered and holding back the horses, the original cat was blowing plus it had a loud whistle/squealing from the induction kit under full throttle which has now gone!!! I had read on here that it would more than likely be a crack in the cat causing this noise.
so it’s a win win today.
on with the next mods.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a decat on my Yozza exhaust years ago. All it did was make louder lol. So I sold it. Now you'll just need a Cat to pass the MOT 🤔

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
All noise in honesty unless the cars highly tuned, certainly sounds like your old cat had issues if you’re noticing that much of a difference, but perhaps the extra noise is assisting with that 😂

Q7, traffic van
I had a decat on my Yozza exhaust years ago. All it did was make louder lol. So I sold it. Now you'll just need a Cat to pass the MOT 🤔
The original cat was a mess, blowing and cracked so managed to source a decat, basically brand new on eBay for £20… can not believe the difference, clearly the cat being broken was holding back all its power as it had nothing until about 5k and even then wasn’t much. So to get the power back, make it sound better and get rid of that horrendous squealing noise I’m absolutely made up, total cost about £35 with decat and a fitting kit.

Q7, traffic van
All noise in honesty unless the cars highly tuned, certainly sounds like your old cat had issues if you’re noticing that much of a difference, but perhaps the extra noise is assisting with that 😂
Yeah the cat was rotten and blowing like mad, cracked at one end too making a horrible whistle squeal under acceleration. The throttle was delayed, it had no go, was very underwhelmed when I bought it, but got a good price and new it had a couple issues, condition and major service inc dephaser and belts, filters etc so thought it might need a few bits to get the power back but absolutely shocked when I drove it earlier, I’m guessing it’s nearly back to its standard power now.
plugs and thermostat to do next, coolant temp sensor changed (was bouncing limiter at 6800 even when the engine was warm)…. That’s the only other things I’ve done and filled with v power, makes all the right noises now 👌🏽
coilovers to go on at the weekend and jmrs induction kit. Power flex bushes too, and sort an oil leak, looks like rocker cover. I’ll get that sorted when manifold and inlet get removed to send to ms customs for paint and port match.