ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel Engines

Can anyone tell me if there is any physical difference between the 65BHP and 82BHP clio diesel engine - or is it the ECU that gives it the hike?

Thanks.

Have a search there a few posts Ive doen on the difference.

65hp has ~70hp in real life

80hp has~85hp in real life

Differences are the 80 has an intercooler and runs higer boost pressure (although same turbo). Also it has bigger injectors (well bigger hole size) plus stronger fuel pump. Also ecu software is different but its the same ecu.

Different gearboxes though 80 has the 172 box (JC5) 65 has the 1.6/ 1.8 16V (JC3) box.

The 65/80hp version may have had a mid life undate with a slightly different wastegate design. I think this may have had some other changed as the dci engine has had its fair share of problem and parts are expensive (replacement engine alone is £3.6k)

PM me if you want to know any more

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

dci 80 has an intercooler (65 does not) and runs slightly higher injection rail pressures. the ecu software will be different.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 17 April 2004

dci 80 has an intercooler (65 does not) and runs slightly higher injection rail pressures. the ecu software will be different.
Jay can you explain to me why there 2 exgine codes for the Dci 700 and 704 (I think there the codes). Id like to learn some more about the engine but Reanult dialogs arnt that easy to read in that way.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the end digit codes normally apply to slight differences in the engine design(pistons,valves,bearings,head,injection components etc).it might only be a very slight difference but it will be there somewhere. if you look at the k9k engine repair manual you will probably find some differences between the two numbers in that manual. some of the specs/meassurements etc will be different. you should have the k9k repair manual on dialogys.