ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Djw Johns terrible cars and his bad decisions regarding them

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If any of you remember my Cooper S from 5 years ago I'm sure you'll be surprised to see I have this. I f**king hated that car 😂😂

But my brother bought my Leon and I got this in part ex

75984F59-B33A-4E1D-A62F-CFD4A25C63CE.jpeg
50B1DB0F-4FB7-42D2-93F6-CF1EEAE5C325.jpeg
8D7DF696-40EE-4CE1-9694-A8207B4A315F.jpeg

As you can see it needs a clean. But Scotland in winter isn't the time or place. Will get a wet vac on the seats too.

First order of business was the engine that sounded like a Skelton having a w**k in a biscuit tin when idling. This is what made it a gamble for me but I'd ordered a new cam chain tensioner and fitted it with great success, engine sounds spot on now. Old one was pretty done.

01624159-5122-4AA4-92EE-76E57CECBD08.jpeg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Knowing that the engine was sorted I got on with another couple of bits.
I hate the speedo set up and so did my brother.

858AD8F8-4040-4814-8FF8-71311868D267.jpeg

So he bought a chrono pack and thanks to lockdown hadn't been over for me to fit it.

D1CDB0FF-87C4-4436-ABE1-FF511F3CF3B3.jpeg

The steering column dials are basically slave dials so copy whatever the centre one has on it.

Easy to do and looks loads better. I also like the extra info

EC19A230-6950-4E8B-8151-C2D89E073F1E.jpeg

The other thing I hate is that 2 spoke wheel so had bought a wheel and hub for it.

F60279BD-4633-4F37-87ED-DB5FD2B87F2B.jpeg

I don't like the horn push but will change it to sparco. My new issue is this is my exact view

21AFBF53-F5AA-4639-889D-CFBE0478782B.jpeg

Guess ill either need to go to 350mm or get a nicer oem wheel. Bugger.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If only the speedometer was in the middle of the IP ?

You can probably buy a kit to do this... (y)

Lols. It does my head in. I know it's the big identifying thing about minis but there's a reason no one else does it.

This one. Without the multifunction will be the one you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ideal cheers

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Quite right.

Mine has speed on the digital bit in front of me thankfully.. never ever look at the speed on the centre :ROFLMAO:

Is this just the n/a 1.6 ?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  981 Cayman
Just put the digital speedo on the little screen?

If it doesn't have the computer it's just a stalk and coding which is simple to do, we did it on my housemates One at uni.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah just the NA 1.6. Dunno what power it runs actually.

It did have that and I think that's what he did but he still hated it so bought the chrono pack. I wasn't not gonna fit it. Cos racekor.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's me, it's unlikely to be here for long whether it's good or not.

Started to apply for new jobs, depending where it ends up probably decides if I end up in a clio or a Saab in a few months.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
It's me, it's unlikely to be here for long whether it's good or not.

Started to apply for new jobs, depending where it ends up probably decides if I end up in a clio or a Saab in a few months.
i think we all know what you will end up with..........

2005 Fabia Vrs
we had a 2003 mini cooper and for what it was was ok, but the 2003 mini cooper s i had was in another league. drop a r53 engine in it and sleeper it!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Traders around here love these things for some reason, we prep about 5 a week lol!

This one has been through at least 2 local garages. The reason it was bought was in case he needed a quick sale thanks to covid and his job situation. Good to know there's still a market!

@PP172 id rather s**t in my hands and clap 😂😂😂 I HATED my r53.

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
My wife had a 2001 Mini Cooper. I was defiant she wouldn’t have one expecting it to be an absolute money pit, but lost the battle. The thing never cost us a penny in the 5 years she owned it. Was proper tired by the time she had driven it to death and had 2 kids smashing in and out of the thing. She absolutely loved the thing. She had a countryman next, which she also loved. But that was the single worse driving car I have ever driven.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
First niggle to get sorted is the drivers door is a pain in the arse to close.

Second niggle is the central locking doesn't work.

Not being able to see the speedo is an issue but I can't blame the car for that.

Filled it up, it has about 300 miles to convince me to not sell it. Good luck to it 😂

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nothing! New battery in the key hasn't sorted it so will need to have a search.

The door not shutting right is a latch issue I reckon, will clean and grease it

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I had two issues.

One was the same thing the remote wouldn’t work. The receiver is in the mirror and a new mirror sorted it.

The door latches are a common thing. Mine wouldn’t lock the drivers door even using the central locking button in the. Replacing the catches sorted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's just a wee side thing really.

My uncle is mega sentimental about it and wants to see if it can be kept on the road for another year.
Gave it to me for free so I could hardly say no.

I have a feeling it's not gonna make it but we'll see.