ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does the registered owner effect insurance costs?

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Would it be better if the registered owner is my mother rather than me?

The insurance will be in my name, but its the owner i'm concerned about. Does the registered owner also need insurance to drive it?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It is slightly dearer mate yes.

The reason i know this is when i bought my 182 in 2010 the garage made a c**t of it and registered
it in my old mans name (dont ask) and so it was slightly dearer to insure than if it was in my name.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
If a parent is an owner does it effect the way the police will deal with you if you commit a traffic offence? Or a car not being fit offence?

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
It is slightly dearer mate yes.

The reason i know this is when i bought my 182 in 2010 the garage made a c**t of it and registered
it in my old mans name (dont ask) and so it was slightly dearer to insure than if it was in my name.

Sorry, are you saying that its more expensive if the registered owner is a male, or are you saying its more expensive if the main driver on the policy is not the owner.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a ballache. Get the car and insurance in your name unless it is her main car but the both of you can't insure the one car.

If she's buying or even funding the purchase still put it in your name.

We had a car with us for 8 months before it got fixed because of insuring a car that wasn't their's.

It also depends on insurance company. I believe Esure won't even quote you if you're not the owner (registered keeper)

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
It's a ballache. Get the car and insurance in your name unless it is her main car but the both of you can't insure the one car.

If she's buying or even funding the purchase still put it in your name.

We had a car with us for 8 months before it got fixed because of insuring a car that wasn't their's.

It also depends on insurance company. I believe Esure won't even quote you if you're not the owner (registered keeper)

Thank you for clarifying it