ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
The fitting of the new studs went nice and easy. Ordered the ACF50 from Opie Oils and it came quickly so as before, i stayed after work friday night and fitting the studs and let them sit overnight. Im glad i've bought the Bimmec ones as im really disappointed with the A1 Tech studs. 2 weeks and 250ish miles and they are in this state, more so than the above pictures.

View attachment 1457561

View attachment 1457562

View attachment 1457563

View attachment 1457564

Ive emailed Rallynuts to see if i can get some form of compensation as i believe that this is not good for the little time they've been on, especially as they claim to have:

"Professional motorsport conversion wheel studs, manufactured from high grade, high tensile steel with rolled threads for ultimate strength. Finished with a tough blackened treatment, you won't find a better quality product, used by many Works teams Worldwide." (Taken from there website)

This is without any wheel cleaner or products, only a bit of rain. Unfortunately, ive heard nothing back so im going to presume i'll be ignored.

Another thing ive done is made some 2118 centre caps. This was a joint idea by me and Will at work about fitting some renault caps in the centre. @MrBlonde had some eBay renault caps that he kindly donated to me. They come in at 57mm, so i got some 60mm perspex tube for the caps to sit in, and for the OD of the tube to fit in the centre bore of the 2118s.

View attachment 1457565

View attachment 1457566

View attachment 1457567

View attachment 1457568

Seen as i was doing these, i no longer need my 5mm rear spacers. The only reason i had them was to push the wheels out to make them flush with the hub caps.

Before

View attachment 1457569

After

View attachment 1457570

They are also currently for sale if anybody is interested ;)

I measured the hub lip to bore edge and the fronts was 9.5mm and the rears was 14mm so i cut the tubing into 4x 9mm rings.

View attachment 1457571

Filed the edges of the caps so they fit in the rings snug and aroldited them from the rear.

View attachment 1457572

View attachment 1457573

View attachment 1457574

I let them set overnight and then the next day i added filler to fill the grooves, sanded them down, primered them, sanded them down again and painted them. I went with Halfords appliance white again as its the closest colour match i could find.

View attachment 1457575

View attachment 1457576

View attachment 1457577

View attachment 1457578
Loving the attention to detail!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent update as usual.

You’ll love the BTM I think mate.
I bought mine new from Fred back in the day, and although it was significantly more expensive than the other offerings at the time, I think it was well worth it.
Looks like that one has a resonator in too, which will help keeping the tone sensible with the decat. Mine just has the rear box, but I’m still running the OEM cat.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent update as usual.

You’ll love the BTM I think mate.
I bought mine new from Fred back in the day, and although it was significantly more expensive than the other offerings at the time, I think it was well worth it.
Looks like that one has a resonator in too, which will help keeping the tone sensible with the decat. Mine just has the rear box, but I’m still running the OEM cat.

I'm looking forward tonight mate. I didnt even notice the resonate bud. I'll fit is in in the picture and then maybe decat it. I've read from a thread by the designer (Yoz) that it's designed to fit the oe cat, so my decat should fit also.

Excellent work!

ACF-50 is like tyre shine for black bolts 😂

Haha, I'll take that.

Hope he gave you good money for your cat mate. They're selling for about £350 alone

I didn't know they sold for that much. Knew that was up in value. I'll be honest, I didnt get that much for it. But the deal has been done and I'm a man of my word so I'll stick to it as it is. I'm hoping that my Ktec exhaust sells for a decent sum and I'll be quids in. Worst case is I break even, but I dont think that'll happen.

182 cats aren't that much are they...
Sure are. The 172 ones are £500 at the minute

I've got a genuine one sat in the shed :unsure:

Mental prices! I'd be getting yours sold James, based on that.

But not to this typical northerner!

How long have you been running nankangs Mark? How do you find them?

I think I put them on beginning of the year. They are good for the money, but I will say I prefer the yokos. But the price reflects that.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
All went well with the BTM deal and i picked it up on the Saturday as mentioned. Is it great condition and just needed a little polish up. Oddly, a few days before i saw this for sale, i bought a powerflex exhaust mount off @midge for my ktec as i thought it might help it sitting central as it was slightly off. Turned out ok as i got rid of the old style mounts when i sold my ktec and used this new one as the BTM uses its own hanger on the right hand side.

49704356541_815c99a01a_z.jpg

I went into work on the sunday to help paint @MrBlonde bonnet and once that was done, i cleaned up the Yozza and with the help from Steve and Will, we got the yozza fitted.

49635974186_d2f2f3b7a0_z.jpg

49635448648_963d33fbaf_z.jpg

49636250532_cfac980b8e_z.jpg

49636251147_8065c3b9fc_z.jpg

49636251007_3209978feb_z.jpg

49636251502_a15643bcfe_z.jpg

49636251457_23c15354c0_z.jpg

49635975581_3fde35467b_z.jpg

49636252167_8353995143_z.jpg

49636252102_6d6aec5c14_z.jpg

Very happy with it. Been wanting a Yozza for years. Always loved the rasp they give and have always loved the look of the outward rolled pipes. When this system first came out i wasnt a lover of the center rear box, but seeing @frayz inferno with one fitted totally changed my mind. It looks a lot better in the flesh. Sound wise, its great. Get the nice driving tone and rasp when going in higher revs. Having the center section and sports cat in place is a lot more quieter than my old ktec and i don't get the 70mph drone. The downfall i have i its very tight between the shifter and sports cat and i need to fine adjust it as it rubs in 1st and reverse. Unbeknown also, i didn't get a rear exhaust mount with it. It uses the standard clio 182 one and the car it came off needed it to run its replacement i guess. This is why it may sit slightly to the left on the right tailpipe.

The next weekend i cleaned the RB and got some pics round a local industrial spot.

49662623971_ce8ed25c19_z.jpg

49662085333_7e4d30023e_z.jpg

49662905482_c2ae07dd17_z.jpg

49662086688_aaa2985c28_z.jpg

49662088488_c9664d0663_z.jpg

And my fave of the set. Was on the way home and the road was empty so thought it was a good opportunity to get out and snap away. I had maybe a 10 second window before a car came in shot so it was well timed.

49662622886_9db860e5f1_z.jpg

I posed up on the Facebook group asking for a standard rear exhaust mount and a chap locally to work had one. He didn't want any money for it so i traded it with him for some Haribo! Really nice chap and nice to see local members. I'm not sure of the user name but @robzracing knows him (name is Robert in Great Amwell) so please tag if you know his username.

49703824693_1b5afcddc9_z.jpg

Gave it a quick sandblast, painted it black and fitted it up. Nice and easy and took minutes. It also seems to have levelled it out slightly on the tailpipes.

49704670817_5622f2e77f_z.jpg

49703825523_42c8b1a49b_z.jpg

49704355871_172f42c30e_z.jpg

This week i finally fitted my gearbox undertray that @Louis sourced for me. Had this sitting around for months in my toolbox and was tired of keep moving it!

49704669627_f51a08e786_z.jpg

49703826173_e1de8695da_z.jpg

With that done, im now off work so very little i can do on it. Next up will be the servicing i think. but for now, that's it. Stay safe out there and keep the distance.

49703825078_77a0cbc26c_z.jpg

Last edited:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Exceptional job as usual mate with the superb levels of detail we have all come to expect.
So glad you like the BTM, they really are a nice bit of kit imo and you’ve done a beautiful job polishing that one up.

Makes me wanna drop my 3rd hanger now to give it a paint haha.
Stay safe dude, lookin forward to the next instalment. 🙂

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Funny enough I was just about to ask about this third hanger I need to get mine off because it's a right state.
Can you get new rubber mounts anywhere?

My exhaust dosnt sit right either. So annoying.
Have you just put the right rubber back on?

As always top work and the car looks 👌

Pez

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Funny enough I was just about to ask about this third hanger I need to get mine off because it's a right state.

Pez

i had to track one down for mine. It’s from a Honda Integra.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
i had to track one down for mine. It’s from a Honda Integra.

Thanks very much. There away at the moment which is understandable. IL wait till there back and then get some ordered :D

Hopefully it'll help.

Pez

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Exceptional job as usual mate with the superb levels of detail we have all come to expect.
So glad you like the BTM, they really are a nice bit of kit imo and you’ve done a beautiful job polishing that one up.

Makes me wanna drop my 3rd hanger now to give it a paint haha.
Stay safe dude, lookin forward to the next instalment. 🙂

Thanks mate! Yes, I'm very happy with it. Build quality, sound, looks, it ticks all my boxes. Will keep the sports cat in too. Curious to see what it sounds like decatted, but as I like it as it is, that's £50 - £70 that doesnt really need to be spent.

Pez

Thanks Pez.

Well I know @frayz Looked into this with the link he posted. That's for the btm plate mount. Was you on about that or the one I've just got? The 2nd hand one?

If the latter, I found these. Ones genuine, ones aftermarket. Genuine is much more expensive though, as expected.

Also, I'm only using one side of the rear mount as the BTM system on has 1 bracket on the box at the rear to fit 1 mount.

😍 Looking so good!

Oddly it's the tips I don't like on the system, prefer inward rolled myself. But still look great!

Thanks mate.

To be honest, I might be in a minority here. I guess because a lot of systems on these are inward rolled and they look more subtle. The outwards look a bit more boy racer or old skool. Guess it stems back from when growning up seeing all the RS turbos, GT turbos from the late 80s and early 90s running the outward rolled tips.

New exhuat looks smart Mark. And as always your car looks perfect. 😍

Thanks mate. Perfect?? Does that include the wheels?

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Thanks Pez.

Well I know @frayz Looked into this with the link he posted. That's for the btm plate mount. Was you on about that or the one I've just got? The 2nd hand one?

If the latter, I found these. Ones genuine, ones aftermarket. Genuine is much more expensive though, as expected.

Yeah I wasn't very clear with what I was asking but it's good that link is there for others to see.

Thanks for the other links I will take a look now.
Did you just out the one on the right hand side and leave the left one out to change how the exhaust sat as mines wonky and I have the Kam racing bushes.
It's so fraustrating and rattles the bumper too.

Thanks
Pez

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
All went well with the BTM deal and i picked it up on the Saturday as mentioned. Is it great condition and just needed a little polish up. Oddly, a few days before i saw this for sale, i bought a powerflex exhaust mount off @midge for my ktec as i thought it might help it sitting central as it was slightly off. Turned out ok as i got rid of the old style mounts when i sold my ktec and used this new one as the BTM uses its own hanger on the right hand side.

View attachment 1461625

I went into work on the sunday to help paint @MrBlonde bonnet and once that was done, i cleaned up the Yozza and with the help from Steve and Will, we got the yozza fitted.

View attachment 1461626

View attachment 1461627

View attachment 1461628

View attachment 1461629

View attachment 1461630

View attachment 1461631

View attachment 1461632

View attachment 1461633

View attachment 1461634

View attachment 1461635

Very happy with it. Been wanting a Yozza for years. Always loved the rasp they give and have always loved the look of the outward rolled pipes. When this system first came out i wasnt a lover of the center rear box, but seeing @frayz inferno with one fitted totally changed my mind. It looks a lot better in the flesh. Sound wise, its great. Get the nice driving tone and rasp when going in higher revs. Having the center section and sports cat in place is a lot more quieter than my old ktec and i don't get the 70mph drone. The downfall i have i its very tight between the shifter and sports cat and i need to fine adjust it as it rubs in 1st and reverse. Unbeknown also, i didn't get a rear exhaust mount with it. It uses the standard clio 182 one and the car it came off needed it to run its replacement i guess. This is why it may sit slightly to the left on the right tailpipe.

The next weekend i cleaned the RB and got some pics round a local industrial spot.

View attachment 1461636

View attachment 1461637

View attachment 1461638

View attachment 1461639

View attachment 1461640

And my fave of the set. Was on the way home and the road was empty so thought it was a good opportunity to get out and snap away. I had maybe a 10 second window before a car came in shot so it was well timed.

View attachment 1461641

I posed up on the Facebook group asking for a standard rear exhaust mount and a chap locally to work had one. He didn't want any money for it so i traded it with him for some Haribo! Really nice chap and nice to see local members. I'm not sure of the user name but @robzracing knows him (name is Robert in Great Amwell) so please tag if you know his username.

View attachment 1461651

Gave it a quick sandblast, painted it black and fitted it up. Nice and easy and took minutes. It also seems to have levelled it out slightly on the tailpipes.

View attachment 1461643

View attachment 1461644

View attachment 1461645

This week i finally fitted my gearbox undertray that @Louis sourced for me. Had this sitting around for months in my toolbox and was tired of keep moving it!

View attachment 1461646

View attachment 1461647

With that done, im now off work so very little i can do on it. Next up will be the servicing i think. but for now, that's it. Stay safe out there and keep the distance.

View attachment 1461648
nice work as usual bro, just curious about did you use machine polish the whole exhaust system and what chemical stuff you choose to use ?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@joe hk&uk no machine polisher at all. All I used was a red scotch pad and scuff stuff for the center pipe and rear of the back box. Scuff stuff is good as it helps the pad slide and gives it a bit more key, without being too harsh. We had some at work so used this. I did this because it tarnishes anyway so no point taking ages trying to remove black spots and getting it to shine, when it'll discolour anyway.

Although I'm sure you can use similar, or even washing up liquid.

As for the boxes and tailpipes, I used Auto Finesse metal cleaner. I actually used a old drill attachment polisher for the insides of the tailpipes as they was really sooted, then finished the rest by hand.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Done a few little bits recently. Im off work as of the night of Boris's speech and am trying to keep myself occupied. There is things that can be done around the flat but ideally i need to goto the shops, which is not advised so im just doing what i can. This involves some bits on the RB, but i am limited to what i can do as a lot of my tools are at work, which is shut.

I took my filter off as i wanted to clean it. Washed it out in the bath (no naked pics!) and left it to dry for a few days. While the filter was off, i removed the jubilee clips from the induction hose, removed the ally joiner, keyed it up and smeared it with araldite, and refitted up the silicone pipes. The reason i did this was for a more cleaner look and for it to look like its more 1 pipe over 2. I know you can still see the ridges, but at least the clips are gone. Let it set over the same amount of time as my filter. While i was fitting it up, i decided to sort out my dirty bonnet catch. I removed it, gave it a scotch up, thn gave its some etch primer, iceberg silver and lacquer, all via rattle cans which i had.

49757380408_91db0bfda1_z.jpg

49757574288_367892c265_z.jpg

49758438442_6992b80db4_z.jpg

49758512862_30d3486449_z.jpg

49758512592_0724863edc_z.jpg

I then removed it and touched up the bit of rust underneath with some spare RB i had, refitted it and then painted the threads on the studs after. No pics of that though.

After that was done, i cleaned the engine bay a bit and refitted the induction kit back on.

49758574797_2da93495c4_z.jpg

49757717478_9355288f89_z.jpg

Looking at these pics make me want to remove my bulkhead shield and fit some nimbus. I still haven't fitted (or even painted) my cup back plate that hides the old AC pipes, and i'm left with a blank section on the OE shield which looks odd. I think Nimbus would make it look less bodged? I did this on my old PH1.

16423848794_412edf02f6_z.jpg

I think i would make it more rounded and shapley though, if i did.

All done and back in the garage. I like the sun coming through on this picture.

49758245106_dfa5e1f0af_z.jpg

Took the steering wheel off and bathed it (No naked pics!)

49757717828_c0ea27d10b_z.jpg

Gave it a few days to dry and refitted it. The dye i did last year has made a difference, even if its cheating!

49758240577_e50c237ef3_z.jpg

Then this week, we had dry weather so i parked it outside the flat and spent a good few hours going over it with the DA. i wanted to remove some of the swirls. I didn't have that much Sonax left so i used it sparingly to get the worst ones out. Then i went over it with some Poorboys polish. After that, i hoovered it and blacked the plastics. Was rather happy with the results and nice to be productive.

49758573302_164fda0fb1_z.jpg

49757715808_d4dd83c734_z.jpg

49757716323_021517d804_z.jpg

49757910431_1220951e92_z.jpg

49757909956_96568bb4ed_z.jpg

49757388748_4a1698fef4_z.jpg

Parked it up for the night and went out the next day to do some more bits. Gave the exhaust tips a clen with some Peek. This is less abrasive than autosol and gives as good results.

49757379713_0b908de3fa_z.jpg

49757907901_0ffd4e119a_z.jpg

Cleaned the pedals and foot plate with Rhino 105 TFR, a nylon brush and Peek again.

49758239877_749fc07e1f_z.jpg

49757377713_1e0f8a9e6d_z.jpg

49757390493_70602c107d_z.jpg

A job i've been meaning to do for ages is sort my heater out as it blows hot air. I did fix it a while back but it didn't remain, so while i was down that area, i thought id give it another go. Searched for my old post to help remind me what cogs do what setting.

Forgot how much a ballache it is getting to the little screws as access is limited. Decided that i'll be fucked if im struggling again to get the 3rd screw out so i left it out. Once the motor was off, i re-tightened the jubilee clip on the star and refitted it. I'm doubtful it'll last as the star seems butchered but it seems to work for now, so we shall see.

49757918696_443961521d_z.jpg

49757918491_054fff49a1_z.jpg

With that done and the car all cleaned, i waxed it with some Soft 99 Fusso. This seems to give good sharp results and having used it before, seems to last a while too. Gave it 2 coats. and got some pictures too.

49757912181_a40fa62b82_z.jpg

49757909521_f9d3863b07_z.jpg

49758244067_054355749f_z.jpg

49757913566_5327bdaa03_z.jpg

49757912491_c55d53144f_z.jpg

49757916506_309f467a61_z.jpg

49757911101_fd84cc400a_z.jpg

I'm doing a small suspension refresh. I've ordered Lemforder ball joints and track rod ends and bought some new bearings for my PMS top mounts. Having posted on the FB group about alternative bearings other than from PMS, i was linked to some from McGill Motorsport, which ordered.

49757909186_26823f40d0_z.jpg

The ball joints and TRE's have yet to arrive. After having a lazy morning, i decided today to go out and fit the top mount bearings.

49757915981_1b7a3d8c6e_z.jpg

While the coilover was off, i gave it a quick clean.

49758250327_766248878b_z.jpg

Got the top mount off but it seems i've got the wrong bearing. Unbeknown to me, there is 2 style of steel PMS top mounts, and i think i have the revised version as my bearing is a lot smaller.

49757915081_f3e66b85fe_z.jpg

49758250642_ec906af45a_z.jpg

Where the old one sits

49757918346_90d90ec2e4_z.jpg

Where my replacement sits

49757389833_768b2b65e2_z.jpg

Gutted as i wanted to crack on, but hey ho. I measured the original bearing and its 35mm. The one linked to me was GEK-18U, which 42mm diameter and i need GEK-18T which is 35mm, so i've ordered a set of the latter. I could send the others back, but that means going to a post office which isn't essential so i'll suffer it or try and sell them at a discounted price to somebody.

With that, i used the time while the shock was off and gave the arch a clean with my Rhino 105 and scrubbing brush.

49757914666_758f2394a2_z.jpg

Refitted everything back up, put the car on its wheels again and put it away.

49757914321_302cfd65d4_z.jpg

So now i'll just have to wait until the new bearings come and also the TRE's and ball joints. That's all for now, thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 49757379143_d7d5b62166_z.jpg
    49757379143_d7d5b62166_z.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Following on from my last post, the new GEK-18T bearings from McGill arrived so i made a start on fitting them. I had also ordered some new Lemforder track rod ends and ball joints from euros as they had a offer on. Lemforder are a good alternative to genuine ones. The TRE's arrived after 2.5 weeks but the ball joints hadn't at this point. I jacked the car up, removed the wheels and suspension, ready for the swap over.

49789703921_6165f0a034_z.jpg

GEK-18T (35mm OD) vs GEK-18U (42m OD)

49790025272_cd45978567_z.jpg

49790024162_5fcf453ec8_z.jpg

I had previously only removed one side of the cars suspension when i had the bearing issue. This time i removed both, and then thats where i realised i had the same issue, but now know why.

49789164783_06de6a224f_z.jpg

The bigger OD bearing IS correct. I thought i needed a smaller one due to the sleeve on the top mount inner, that wasn't the case. It turned out that my bearing had pushed out the inner part and left the outer sleeve in the top mount. You can see here.

49789164483_ca7b4d4c6d_z.jpg

The left hand side's outer bearing was seized in. Bit of a bad bearing design really. But at least i knew now what my issue was. So in hindsight, the GEK-18U is the correct bearing. This is a better design as its one piece, so less chance of it separating like i experienced. Unfortunately, i had no way of removing the seized sleeve at home, so i made the decision to suck it up and order brand new PMS top mounts. I emailed McGill and asked if i could return the new/unused smaller bearings to them, which they agreed. I said i would do it after the lockdown as i don't deem this essential and they was fine with that. So i temporarily fitted back up the suspension just so the car was moveable.

With that done, i changed my track rod ends. Drivers side came off easy, passenger sided needed to be cut as it was spinning.

49789163663_cd06ed24fc_z.jpg

New ones fitted

49790021857_53ae97e671_z.jpg

49789162713_29392333c9_z.jpg

The part numbers if anybody needs them.

49789162448_ef7e9bcae7_z.jpg

With that all done, i refitted the wheels, lowered the car and put it back in the garage.

Next job a few days later was to clean my seatbelts. They wasn't bad, but needed a freshen up and being on lockdown, i have the time to do these little jobs. I removed the lower torx bolts to release the belts, pulled them out so they was fully extended and clamped them. I filled up my car cleaning buckets with hot water and a decent scoop of vanish and let them soak for 6 hours. This is whats recommend on the tub for clothes, so i just followed that guide for seatbelts! They came up good, but i wanted to redo the drivers one, which was still slightly grubby, but settled to do that another day.

49814881622_e643586f6c_z.jpg

49814572786_2744367a2a_z.jpg

While they was soaking, i phoned up Pure Motorsport and ordered the top mounts. They have a revised version which is made out of aluminum and is a better and lighter design. They do 2 versions: A M14 and a M12 so i asked which i need for Bilsteins which Nick clarified that i need M14. The mounts arrived the next day, as well as my lower ball joints, so the next job was to get them all fitted up.

49814575741_09b4567f07_z.jpg

49814574816_117c6086e3_z.jpg

49814039878_9cf2891cd6_z.jpg

While they was being fitted, i redid my drivers seat belt with vanish again and let it soak for 6 hours again.

49814585286_0e4d28a603_z.jpg

49814054843_19c8bd1236_z.jpg

49814595146_a906732395_z.jpg

49814910037_623f6c0963_z.jpg

Comparison of old steel PMS mounts vs new ally PMS mounts.

49814065478_9c8affa768_z.jpg

Fitted the new mounts and coated them in ACF-50

49814069613_b44ef1afc5_z.jpg

I fitted the spreader rings with the PURE logo being seen. Normally i like it quite plain but i wanted to see how these looked. Not too bad actually. Luckily, the underside is plain so i can always just flip them.

49814073318_563fa5e201_z.jpg

Next job was changing the ball joints. This job went quite easy with no issues.

49814074568_8143129282_z.jpg

49814924062_2b3d19e8a4_z.jpg

49814616196_534c699301_z.jpg

49814926387_c385c84beb_z.jpg

Everything was tightened up again, so i fitted the wheels, lowered it and took it for a quick test drive round the block. We have a common near us, so i went that way so i could grab a few pictures!

49814620426_f00ddea714_z.jpg

49814080943_e6c4b50e27_z.jpg

Was all good so i went back home and parked it up. Quick engine bay shot.

49814929682_ee4c2b2a2b_z.jpg

I was just about to shut the door and noticed i had some made camber going on the passenger side!

49814082558_4a2a9835c8_z.jpg

I know what had happened. While doing up the hub bolts, the hub must have fell back as the Bilsteins are slotted. I couldn't be bothered to sort that then, so i left that to the following day.

Camber corrected

49814621721_c7c0a4f28e_z.jpg
C

Now the new top mounts are fitted, i will wait till i go back to work and weld the old bearing to the seized part and then press it out on the press. I've kept the correct larger bearings, so i will fit those as originally planned and then forward them on. These are actually going onto @MrBlonde titanium 182. And as mentioned, i'll send the smaller bearing back for a refund, so its not all a bad loss.

So getting up to date, yesterday i ordered some genuine inner tie rods. Seen as i've changed 3 parts of the suspension, i may as well do the other bits and get it aligned. That way its all new then. These should be here next week. I was also browsing RPD and was going to order a oil change service kit, but then i spoke to Alex @ AW Motorworks and he gave me a price that was decent for him to do it while the belts are being done. So after the lockdown and i go back to work, i have pre booked with him to have the following done:

Cambelt kit
Aux belt
Dephaser pulley
Water pump + Coolant
Oil filter + oil change

(All of the above with genuine parts)

Full brake bleed includIng the ABS pump. I'm not 100% sure but i think the fluid that used is ATE 200.

I have also enquired about a supply and fit of steering rack bushes (either genuine ones or powerflex, whatever is recommended) but have yet to get a reply. I know they was fitted not long before i got the RB, but that was 4 years and 40k ago so makes sense to change them and then its had all new steering and suspension parts.

And lastly, the best update ever, is that myself and my wife Emily are expecting our first child, expected due date of 14th November.

DSCF0653.JPG
DSCF1310.JPG

We are both over the moon with this! It has been planned and we had the 12 week scan a few days ago and the baby is all well and healthy! So, based on that, the rear seats are going to have to stay for the time being! At least the RB has isofix!!

Will update more on the RB once the inner rods arrive, but for now, lets finish the post on a picture showing the RB still looking good, with a happy pregnant wife smiling inside. (This was taken coming back from the hospital)

49870775768_94dc71a670_z.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Mark.

Last edited:

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Congrats to you both mark.
Bet your both made up :D

As for the car, top work as always.
Lots of little bits that are great to replace and make it feel like a new car :)

Pez