ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay fuse box - fuel pump

a while back i changed my fuel filter and in an effort to de-compress the fuel system i tried removing the fuel pump fuse from the fuse box under the scuttle panel (engine bay) and found the folloing

Without the fuse the car wouldnt even turn over

If the fuse is removed once the car is running it didnt seem to have any effect depsite running it for a few minutes to release the pressure?

The fues itself was a twin blade standrad fuse, but unlike normal its was avery loose fit and was only really held in by gravity itseems. This worried me that the power to the fuel pump could be cutting out and possibly making the engine lean off a bit with possible catastophic effects of course.

are they all like this? am i worring about nothing?

Focus ST

I know this sounds obvious, but are you sure youre removing the correct fuse?

Even with the fuel pump fuse removed the starter motor should still turn over. Also if the car is running and the fuel pump fuse is removed the car should die almost immediately as it wont be getting any petrol.

Also, with regards to the fuse being loose, the worst symptom you are likely to get is the car cutting out when the power to the fuel pump is lost. What sort of catastrophic effects are you expecting?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you must have pulled out the wrong fuse.it would only run for a matter of seconds before losing fuel pressure if you had pulled out the correct fuse.starter moter and fuel pump dont use the same fuse.