ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ep3 back from the dead ready for abuse

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Big piece of the puzzle arrived at tdi North today, nipped over to collect it.

Misread the ad tho, sure it said modified to fit but states that they CAN do it if requested. 60 quid plus vat labour tho so will take it elsewhere.

Ordered it ages ago, they had to order it from Honda in Japan so only just got it. And looks like the price of them has gone up since I ordered so that's a win, sort of.

To get it to fit I need to have the water port section cut off. As pictured
IMG_20201007_181013.jpg
IMG_20201007_180918.jpg
IMG_20201007_180849.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Couldn't be arsed messing about so just took it back to tdi North. They have done hundreds so got it back today, 70 quid lighter but never mind. Better than ballsing one up, especially now an unmodified one is 440 quid!!

Blyton next sat then get this fitted on 19th up at Tensport, with a couple other little bits being done.

IMG_20201009_180749.jpg
IMG_20201009_180812.jpg
IMG_20201009_180824.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Great day out yesterday at Blyton park. PM only for us as I CBA getting up early ha. And don't think you need a full day at Blyton to be honest.

I really do love this track though, just wish it were a little longer. Don't think I've ever had a bad day here though and it's so suited to small little hatches like the Ep3, Clio and @JB21 Mr2.

@Old Tarby! braved taking the daily duty bus on so kudos to him! Sounded mint too and was flying around. As well as a few others. Was a busier day than I'd expected, quite a lot of traffic on at some points. But was dry for the PM and perfect conditions.

Another set of brake pads needed! AD08Rs performed absolutely brilliantly, so annoyed they discontinued these, they're perfect for me.

Finally got to try out the meister clubrace suspension too as it was dry and I had better rubber. Got to say, well worth the £ spent, corners on rails now and flat through all corners. Change of direction is immediate!

Anyway, new pads on tomorrow, RBC, maybe a new hub and alignment, valve clearances and then ready for mapping.

Again, my bro filled the tank with bloody 95 RON. So do I use it up and fill with 99? Or just leave it? I don't want to be restricted to just 99 RON fuel afterwards.

No footage, I rigged up both cameras and the MIC. Gopro didn't spot meter so the video is crap, the mic is distorted (no idea why) and the rear view cam has no sound or GPS so pointless. Christ I hate these things.

Got some drive by vids at least.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Use the tank up and then fill with 99, then just tell Chris when he's mapping it that you'd like to be able to run all sorts of fuels.

He'll make it safe.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
And its home. Rbc fitted (looks bloody tight, hope it doesn't bang against the slam panel when giving it some). Valve clearances done, fresh pbs pads up front and a once over so it's good for Oulton on the 10th.

Mapping on the 4th, should see a good improvement I think.

Some more oem ep3 wheels came up locally too for cheapish, so grabbed those while up in Burnley. Ordering some brand new Avon zzr 215 40 17 to go on them.
Will sell the pro race to fund them, oem wheels are actually growing on me (in different colours). Easy fitting, strong, cheap and look good now everyone's on aftermarkets. Plus they use the oem domed nuts so no messing about when changing from wets to drys.

IMG_20201021_134646.jpg
IMG_20201021_142132.jpg

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Looks good, I would be tempted to take a bit more out of the slam panel and give it a lick of paint to tidy it up/stop it rusting.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Yeah just take your time and protect the paint from sparks of the grinder. I find a grinder that you can alter the speed on ideal for this sort of job.