ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ERROR code on renault radio

182 Full Fat

Anyone shed some light on why after dis-connecting and then re-connecting my battery, my stereo now says ERROR when i switch it on.

I put the requested Radio code in when i switched it on, but then it just said ERROR, Reading the book, it says if the code is wrong then it should just read CODE and let you try again after one minute not ERROR!!

Please help

182 Full Fat

Yeah just put code in, then held down 6 as it says in the manual, then it went ERROR.

Now any button i press just beeps at me.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting again, but no luck. It doesnt say anything in the radio hand book about the ERROR code.

I also took stereo out and unplugged it all and put it back again.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Da

Less

sounds like its locked to me mate. Did you enter code using steering controls?

Da

Less

not sure then TBH mate, you could try disconnecting it again and leave it say half an hour to see if it resets itself??

Ford Fiesta

i always use headunit buttons to enter code, never had that problem though. you get a few chances anyway.

try taking battery out leaving a few mins then trying again this time using buttons on headunit

182 Full Fat

All sorted now, i realisde it was saying ERROR instead of CODE for some reason. So bear it in mind if it happens to any of you lot.

THe problem was a mis-print in my log book. It looked like 8377, but was in fact 9377, i just dis-regarded it because i thought the problem was with the stereo because it said ERROR and not CODE, so i didnt try and put in different code.

Cheers anyway

Quote: Originally posted by nelson182 on 31 January 2005

All sorted now, i realisde it was saying ERROR instead of CODE for some reason. So bear it in mind if it happens to any of you lot.

THe problem was a mis-print in my log book. It looked like 8377, but was in fact 9377, i just dis-regarded it because i thought the problem was with the stereo because it said ERROR and not CODE, so i didnt try and put in different code.

Cheers anyway
ive had the same problem. ive put in the wrong code and then found out its a different one after finding my log book. I cant put the code in now because ive put it in too many times now. How much will renault charge for this?

Volvo S60 T5

It works something like this, code incorrect 2 min wait, code incorrect again 5 min wait and so on upto 30 mins.

Sit in the car read a paper with the ignition on and the radio on, it will eventually come back with code, its time locked at the moment.

Quote: Originally posted by OLLZIE on 31 January 2005
is that the same code for all renaults?

nope

each unit has its own code

should be on the inside cover of your manual

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 01 February 2005

It works something like this, code incorrect 2 min wait, code incorrect again 5 min wait and so on upto 30 mins.

Sit in the car read a paper with the ignition on and the radio on, it will eventually come back with code, its time locked at the moment.
i will go to my car now and put the key in the ignition and wait. hope it works.

YYYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH it works. Many thanks for your help. I havent had music in my car for months. you have made my day!!!!

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Error Code by Clio 1.2
its coming number 99 intel 38 and back again form beginning!!! please i need help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 605