ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evo IX RS on Its way

massivewangers

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Come out really well that. Some people would probably turn their noses up at this sort of thing, but I love that some of these unique and/or iconic modified cars of old are now being preserved.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Aye I like the plate but it doesn’t sit well on this car plus I want the original plate as all the info online shows it with the original plate.

Having the plates made currently.

Didn’t want to risk putting the plate on rentention until I got the car back, DVLA are a bit shite at the minute.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Aye I like the plate but it doesn’t sit well on this car plus I want the original plate as all the info online shows it with the original plate.

Having the plates made currently.

Didn’t want to risk putting the plate on rentention until I got the car back, DVLA are a bit shite at the minute.
Perfect :cool:

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #368
It’s a genuine piece of mitsi/Ralliart history and for me it’s perfect but as you say, many won’t get it.
It's not the fact that some won't get it I don't think. I get it, it is a super rare car and particularly if you like your Evo's like you do, it just doesn't do anything for me at all, but that is just my personal opinion, and I'm sure you couldn't care one bit (I wouldn't either!).

But that doesn't mean I don't respect it for what it is, or get it. I'm sure it is a mighty machine and a sure-fire investment in a rare car/piece of history. So fair play.

Looks immaculate.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
It's not the fact that some won't get it I don't think. I get it, it is a super rare car and particularly if you like your Evo's like you do, it just doesn't do anything for me at all, but that is just my personal opinion, and I'm sure you couldn't care one bit (I wouldn't either!).

But that doesn't mean I don't respect it for what it is, or get it. I'm sure it is a mighty machine and a sure-fire investment in a rare car/piece of history. So fair play.

Looks immaculate.
100%, most will think its a Ford Orion 🤪😀🤣

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS

Looks immaculate.
Definitely continue the thread Steve, looking forward to updates.

Don’t worry about the earlier comments, Ant’s now into Evo’s anyway from what I can see (shite looking ones at that).

Keep up the progress mate 👍🏼
I think Ant was spot on, some won't or don't seem to get it lol.

Little Red Clio, but it's a Trophy! Some won't get it...

You see the pattern, these things are universal! That's what makes the car scene what it is.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Can’t drive the car at minute as weather is s**t and I have the kids at home 🤣

However i stumbled across this mag feature for the car back in 2003 which is pretty cool! Also features a 172 cup so double whammy 😂

47D57883-A666-489E-9F97-50D83082EDBB.jpeg
2242D78E-E1B4-472A-B8B7-3DCB8BC0A180.jpeg
95261C36-C729-49E3-9AFA-3ECD4B4C5C9D.jpeg
078022E3-5596-473D-ACB6-9B008B25F474.jpeg

Last edited:

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Shouldn’t have any hassle now APT have seen and worked on the car, sure Gary won’t mind filling in paperwork etc.

youngarthur

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197,with megan'
A truly wonderful car you have there, would love to see it in the flesh. I ran a highly tuned FQ400 for a while, and if I may respectfully suggest, Don't go overboard with the power, as other parts break under the strain.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
A truly wonderful car you have there, would love to see it in the flesh. I ran a highly tuned FQ400 for a while, and if I may respectfully suggest, Don't go overboard with the power, as other parts break under the strain.
Nice! Yes been there done that with Evos already. Happy with where it’s at.

Any pics of the 400?

youngarthur

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197,with megan'
I
Nice! Yes been there done that with Evos already. Happy with where it’s at.

Any pics of the 400?
I have never kept any photos of any cars I have owned,A35,Nash Metropolitan, Capri V6( Essex Engine/) Mini CooperS,( its fully restored, and in the National Heritage Museum,) Mitsi Lancer 2000, Mitsi Starion,half a dozen others, R26R,R26, and now the Meglio. Out of everything I have owned, I prefer the Meglio,320bhp,340lbs torque, more than enough for an 80 year old. I got through 3 gearboxes in 2 years with the evo, beautiful car, but higher maintaince than the wife!.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Well Evo life is kicking in now as I have a flat battery In tescos car park 😂😂 should of charged it night before......

Oh well.

Managed to record some of the boost chatter and hard acceleration 2nd,3rd and 4th. Changed at 7k so more to go. Excuse lack of image but I was driving so phone remained u touched on seat.

Last edited: