ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evo IX RS on Its way

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Well here is the key part, the reason why this car has managed to hide away for so long is due to how it currently looks.

Even the guys that built it didn’t release what it was until I unraveled it all.

To sum it up when Extreme sold the car to the original owner he wanted to make some changes which he paid Extreme a additional 35k to do.

Car is mint and I do mean mint but I want it returned back to its original livery which is why it’s off to the shop.

Remember back then this was the look for track evos and even now this body kit costs 5k.

If it had looked as did when built the car would of been snapped up years ago.

View attachment 1480077View attachment 1480078

@AdDaMan yes it’s a direct fit but you would need the front bumper also.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
So you have both, or you never owned the IX?

It's very confusing with all your various desirable cars.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
So you have both, or you never owned the IX?

It's very confusing with all your various desirable cars.

The IX was on the way over from Japan with a deposit placed on the car from me, just before it arrived a Evo enthusiast showed interest in the car and and we agreed to swap places, he now owns the car. As said above, I was happy to let someone else take over the order as I wasn’t sure how Covid would affect my finances.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Spent £800 on the following today 😢 buying new OE parts is a expensive hobby.

New RS door mirrors
New RS door handles
New complete undertray plus fixings

No point repainting the handles and mirrors back to black as it would cost more.

Also don’t want a 2nd undertray so needs must.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Spent £800 on the following today 😢 buying new OE parts is a expensive hobby.

New RS door mirrors
New RS door handles
New complete undertray plus fixings

No point repainting the handles and mirrors back to black as it would cost more.

Also don’t want a 2nd undertray so needs must.

stop buying things. You can buy my twinplate if you want :LOL:

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane
How come you are selling and moving to Scotland? I must of missed that

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a call today telling me that Mitsi Japan have raised the price for under tray by another £95 😏😂. £497 now 😂

Oh well I popped into garage to give the engine bay a once over, pointless as how I left it 3 months ago.

606B1D91-EEC3-4543-B8D4-C7E70180753D.jpeg

Last edited:

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
Think I’ll go without lol.

There’s a couple on ebay but not sure if they meet your standards.

Hxrry

ClioSport Club Member
You need to get this to c1-r so I can take a look sometime!! They're only two minutes up the road from me!

Looks awesome, I see from a quick scan of the thread that you've got a great taste in cars. Fantastic mate

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
You need to get this to c1-r so I can take a look sometime!! They're only two minutes up the road from me!

Looks awesome, I see from a quick scan of the thread that you've got a great taste in cars. Fantastic mate

Will be going in around April time for a oil change and undertray fitting hopefully.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Sold the plate 'EV02 GET' today for £600 which is great as that can go towards something else.

Thinking maybe fitting a drenth dog box but lets see what the next few months bring.

Original reg plates being made so they will be on shortly.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Some parts arrived and some other bits ordered.

Here are the new door handles and mirrors, can't wait until the weather sorts itself out so I can fit. Sold the private plate so I can revert back to the original which is important for me as all the old photos and press reviews are taken with the original plate. Ordered a new front plate holder and finally managed to find a company that will reproduce the original design with the underlay decals that I have had made.

IMG_3080.jpg
IMG_3081.jpg

Decided to take the plunge and buy a proper indoor carcoon as it's clear that moisture is still getting to the underside of the car even though it's in the garage.

So ordered a Veloce indoor carcoon (drive in and out) which will be here next week. Expensive purchase but I'm not taking the risk not having one.