ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evo IX RS on Its way

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
New cam cover and plate holder has arrived supplied via Rossport.

Fingers crossed my new plates arrive this morning.

Booked in for for JDM Coombe in June and also Rally day again at Coombe in Sept. Fingers crossed we can attend this year.

50938510482_bf48f6e5cf_c.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3217 by Anthony Bunce, on Flickr

50937712353_88cbceced0_c.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3218 by Anthony Bunce, on Flickr

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
£44 delivered. My existing one is still unmarked however the silver writing has basically gone over time.

Amazed they’re still available!

I used to dab silver paint on with a bit of cotton rag (pulled tight over my finger) whenever I got an Evo. Get it right and it keeps the paint on the very surface only & cheers an old one right up.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Amazed they’re still available!

I used to dab silver paint on with a bit of cotton rag (pulled tight over my finger) whenever I got an Evo. Get it right and it keeps the paint on the very surface only & cheers an old one right up.

Been on back order for a while so it could be possible they are slowing becoming nla.

JoePeps

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Very interested with the bubble thing mate.
Does it stay inflated like that and you can drive in and out of it easily?

JoePeps

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yes and there is a frame on the inside so when you open it up to bring car out it holds its shape.

Awesome thanks. Is there any access to the inside from anywhere other than the front, to get a battery cable through?

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
In with a 5 or 6 before the Americans start gobbling them up and prices take off like a rocket?

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Well there are two Evos on the table and I need to make a decision.

Been in the pipe line for a few months now and need to decide in the next few days now restrictions are easing shortly.

One is a IX GSR in white, immaculate under side but needs a complete respray, new seats, full service, registration etc. price reflects all the above.

The other is a VII RS with 34k on the clock, full underside restoration (didn’t really need it), Evo X brakes, IX GT interior, New ohlins coilovers, speedline 18” alloys, TI exhaust, Pollybusher in all the right places, various new plastics.

Price wise the IX would work out at 4K more finished and has double the Milage. VII RS is ready to go from the 30th.

I want something I can actually use so the above fits the bill nicely. Few have mentioned that the yanks will get a hard on for the V and VI. That will also apply to the VII.

Not going to post any pics as they are not advertised so wouldn’t be fair on the owners.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Guess the question is do you want another project to work on or just a driver? Kinda sounds like the latter?

Did the Americans not get the VII domestically? Did they not get any?

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Guess the question is do you want another project to work on or just a driver? Kinda sounds like the latter?

Did the Americans not get the VII domestically? Did they not get any?

Indeed.

No they only had the 8 onwards. They go nuts for VII body parts, used to sell loads of VII rear lights to the yanks back in the day.