ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evo IX RS on Its way

massivewangers

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Most RS' don't even see a road these days, let alone a rally stage!
I wonder how many road cars there are. Are there any figures? A lot of the rally ones would have been converted from new/nearly new. Would be interesting to know how many rally cars there are compared to road cars.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't really give you numbers tbh.

I know the TME RS was least produced, couldn't tell you why. I also know the IX RS and IX MR RS are also a really rare sight.

Seen a lot more 5/6/7/8 RS.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Those are fantastically s*** in the best way possible. Love how focused the equipment level on these are.

Does the Evo /Impreza community frown on modifying the RS / RA? Surely this is like modifying a 13,000 mile 172 cup.
They are s**t it standard form so the people that buy them can mod to their requirements, I will tweak the car to my ideal spec but not go nuts. I'll use it all year round but will not use during the months when salt is used.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Believe this is a TME RS

View attachment 1454166

Errr no.

This is a TME RS only available in white.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Believe this is a TME RS

View attachment 1454166

4.5M JPY is about 30k, crazy money for a blue TME.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
It does seem the prices have jumped again for imports since October. I watched a E8 MR with 45k sell the other day, something like 22k on the road when it arrives in UK.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Hmm, i'm considering importing something at the moment as next year it will be 25 and the prices will go up thanks to our American friends. Should i go for it or should i keep saving for a house that is the question lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I used to love these but they've not aged well at all. The interior looks like a nissan micra
More of a reason why I'd prefer another one, tbh.

Interiors mean s**t to me anyway, but I'd prefer Mitsubishi to focus on the car driveability and handling than spend five minutes worrying about the interior trim. That's Maybach concerns - not those of people trying to emulate a rally car for the public.

Imo, of course.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Touche, what else came out in '96, DC2, R33 GTR...
It's a Toyota Chaser.

One question i do have, the generation i want was introduced in 96 (JZX100), does that mean American's can import anything in that generation up to 01 or do you have to still wait for it to be 25?

Hmm, i'm considering importing something at the moment as next year it will be 25 and the prices will go up thanks to our American friends.
You should do what my friend did 2/3 years ago and order a Tommi Mäkinen for iirc £17k place a deposit down for it, bottle it before it is shipped, loose the deposit (I think it was over £500), not tell the wife (but I accidentally let slip to her he lost loads of cash on it, she was not happy) and then re-order one this year for a hell of a lot more money. That seems like serious logic. He would of been quids in if he took delivery and shifted it on straight away.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
It's a Toyota Chaser.

One question i do have, the generation i want was introduced in 96 (JZX100), does that mean American's can import anything in that generation up to 01 or do you have to still wait for it to be 25?
25 years old from original registration I believe.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
So source the following:-

- Brembos
- Wheels
- Exhaust
- Seats

Think that’s it, wouldn’t mind a carbon monster airbox but aside from a remap that’s me happy.