ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evo IX RS on Its way

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Evo VII Extreme

No pictures for this one atm

339bhp @ 6,396rpm
350ft/lbs @ 4,306rpm

Engine
Ralliart Sports ECU
Sports air induction kit
Sports exhaust catalyst
Engine sylinder block modifications
Omega competition forged precision engineered pistons
Arrow competition forged precision engineered conrods
Sports thermostat & Ralliart pressure cap
Engine roll stop mountings (Group N)​
Transmission
25% uprated clutch
Gear change mountings (Group N)​
Brakes
Front and rear cross drilled brake discs
Aeroquipe brake hoses
Brake master cylinder anti flex kit
Racing brake fluid
Sports ABS​
Trim
4 point detachable front seat harnesses
Extreme plaque
Extreme decals to boot / rear doors / bonnet​
Wheels
18" ultra light alloy wheels (reduces unsprung weight by 34%)
Tyres - 235 /​

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Evo VIII Extreme

337bhp @ 5,800rpm
320ft/lbs @ 3,500rpm

Engine
Xtreme designed Oliver I Beam Con Rods​
Xtreme designed competition forged Pistons​
ARP Competition Head Studs​
HKS Sports Air Filter​
Competition High Flow Fuel Pump​
Ralliart Group N Engine Roll Stop Mounts​
Honing to improve Oil and Water galleries in cylinder block​
Castrol Magnatech Semi-Synthetic Engine Oil​
Transmission
35% uprated organic clutch​
Lightweight Alloy Flywheel​
Ralliart Group N gear change mounts​
Suspension
Eibach lowered sports springs​
Ralliart Group N Roll bar bushes - front and rear​
Ralliart Group N Suspension strut top mounts​
Ralliart Group N Steering rack mount​
Revised suspension geometry settings​
Brakes
Front and rear ventilated, endless grooved brake discs​
Aeroquipe stainless steel brake hoses​
Ralliart brake master cylinder anti flex kit​
Competition front and rear brake pads​
Mica heat transfer prevention pads​
SRF Racing brake fluid​
Trim
Evo VIII Xtreme unique number plaque​
Xtreme badging​
Options
Price
Engine
Sports intercooler pipe kit​
£898​
Roller bearing turbo upgrade​
£750​
Exhaust
Hayward and Scott stainless steel free flow super sport exhaust system including front down pipe​
£927​
Suspension
Proflex non-adjustable fast road dampers and springs​
£2,626​
Ohlins fully adjustable with remote damper kit​
£6,442​
Brakes
AP 6 pot front calipers with 362mm diameter ventilated, cross drilled discs. AP 4 pot rear calipers with ventilated, cross drilled discs​
£3,424​
Wheels and Tyres
18" ultra light alloy wheels (reduces unsprung weight by 34%). 235 / 40 / 18 tyres.​
£2,735​
Bodywork
Platinum silver paintwork to front and rear valance and sills​
£645​
Ralliart red paintwork to front and rear valance and sills​
£645​
Stainless steel grill kit​
£549​
Rear strut brace​
£178​
Mud flaps​
£236​
Interior
Leather interior trim​
£1,250​
Turbo boost gauge​
£354​
Alloy pedal kit​
£194​

137and82.jpg
137and83.jpg
137and84.jpg
137and87.jpg
137and88.jpg

Attachments

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Mitsubishi X Car - 25k

** Under Offer ** Regular visitors to Xtreme UK will have seen the prototype X-Car over the last 7 years in its various stages of development. Sadly lack of time and the necessary resources to put the car into production aren't available to us since we moved to smaller premises in 2008 and we would like to offer the project to a new home.

The vehicle was designed and built by our associate company X Works Automotive managed by talented designers and Engineers Andy and Sean with final assembly, set up and road testing overseen by the late and extremely great Toney Cox!

The construction and design years ahead of its time when the project started, it utilises a Carbon Fibre Tub with a similar design to that used on the Maclaren MP 4. Front and Rear lightweight Sub frames support a Mitsubishi Evo VI four wheel drive train clad with a Lightweight set of Glass Fibre Panels

Its powered by the highly acclaimed Evo 4g63 Engine with 5 speed Gearbox, and rear LSD ( Cusco unit ) Ohlin Suspension is fitted too. Engine has a Ecutek 400bhp Remap and ARP competition Rods and weighing in at 1100kg its super quick with potential for much more power from the Engine too, indeed on a Silverstone Track Visit it was lapping quicker than a Ferrari 430 Challenge car!

Total Investment in this project has been close to £400,000 over the years plus a huge amount of time and enthusiasm but sadly time has come to either sell the car for Competition Use, Hill Climbs, Sprints, Track Days. Or perhaps to a company who would complete the final development and put into production or perhaps to offer as a Kit Car build opportunity using old Evo VI models of which there is a plentiful supply on offer from Japan.

Without doubt the Lions share of the work has been is now done and this could be a great opportunity for someone. The car will be supplied with all the moulds for manufacture with some technical advice available too.

We would love to see the project come to completion or at a minimum for the car to be used for Motor Sport running just over 400bhp propelling just 1100kg, it is, as I've previously said, extremely fast indeed!

It is Road registered as a Prototype. A unique opportunity!

Picture_4002__Large_0.jpg
Picture_4012__Large_.jpg
Picture_4018__Large_.jpg
Picture_4020__Large_.jpg
Picture_4023__Large_.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Sorry for the long posts, hope all that is helpful. Might be able to find more if i concentrated on digging more.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
That X is a sight, don't know where that went. Tony Cox passed in 2007 so that ties in well as it was developed by someone else.

That's Jon Kirks premises on the photo?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
That X is a sight, don't know where that went. Tony Cox passed in 2007 so that ties in well as it was developed by someone else.

That's Jon Kirks premises on the photo?
I believe so, i'm not 100% clued up on it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I get worried when you start posting about now cars you don’t own yet. They seem to have a habit of not materialising.

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
My mate had that steering wheel in his Clio RSI back in the 90’s. It’s horrendous 😂

Can it be changed or is it part of the ‘specialness’?

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
Guessing it's official now then mate? Get some actual pics up :LOL:.

I didn't realise the miles were so low, too! Absolute keeper this one.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Do you plan to put it back to how it was as per pics?
which bits?

interior I will leave the same as it’s supposed to be a competition car so makes sense. I will have the rocker cover painted back to blue, change the coolant pipes back to blue, and will try my hardest to source the correct turbo and mani.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
which bits?

interior I will leave the same as it’s supposed to be a competition car so makes sense. I will have the rocker cover painted back to blue, change the coolant pipes back to blue, and will try my hardest to source the correct turbo and mani.
The extreme SC?
What turbo/manifold should it run?

massivewangers

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
So I guess this was kind of built as a Group N rally car, but without the engine restrictions? Will be a proper weapon of a thing that. Those Proflex should be good on the road!

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
So I guess this was kind of built as a Group N rally car, but without the engine restrictions? Will be a proper weapon of a thing that. Those Proflex should be good on the road!
They will need servicing i reckon given the car hasn’t been users for ten years.

But our right, should be epic on road once setup again.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
They will need servicing i reckon given the car hasn’t been users for ten years.

But our right, should be epic on road once setup again.
Bit of recommissioning is well within your skill set, you do it all the time for Clio's 🤣

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch, the HKS manifold is relatively easy to source but the Turbo isn't going to be cheap even if you can find one.
It will be tricky, will take some time. Reckon my best bet is sourcing form the states.

Last edited:

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
Was gonna say usual 80 series jobby, but 500 would be really pushing it on one of those even with some magic.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe but ideally I want the original turbo. It’s going to take a few months at least to get sorted so hopefully I’ll find one in that time.