ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evo IX RS on Its way

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Also you probs wanna register that domain or something, just cos it's abit odd flying around with a defunct web domain presented to the world.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Fingers crossed it will be finished this weekend!

Jobs to do when it returns will be:-

- Order new black RS door handles.
- Order new black RS door mirrors.
- Remove private plate and put original back on.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
hard to find high res pics of what they looked like out of Xtreme but if anything I reckon it looks better. Maybe more of a gloss.

Edit: just realised you're talking about the plate fonts. Bothered :LOL:

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Essentially the car should be finished this weekend however the alloys are being sent back to TD (manufacture) to be refurbished as it makes sense to do them now whilst the car is inside and on stands.

So fingers crossed I’ll be collecting one week Saturday!

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so wheels are done and are ready to be fitted.

Need to try and find some new center caps as the graphics have faded over time.

Decals being applied this week and collecting Saturday!

Needs a set of RS door handles and a new undertray to finish off which will have to wait now as the bill for paint and recommissioning combined is 2k over what I budgeted for.

Really happy though as no corners have been cut and nothing has been done on the cheap, it had what ever it needed.

FBB47347-4F77-4F77-A9FA-6F1EDADD51A3.jpeg

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait to see the final product!

(Are those 17 year old Bridgestones?!?)
Yep and they are still good surprisingly!

I’m going to source a set of SSR Type C alloys which the car was sitting in originally and store these.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Yep and they are still good surprisingly!

I’m going to source a set of SSR Type C alloys which the car was sitting in originally and store these.
RE050A were never any good, no matter how old they are. 😂

You don't fancy a set of the fetching Work SS ones from the 6 Extreme? Lol, I can't remember what came on the 7 Extreme as standard.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
RE050A were never any good, no matter how old they are. 😂

You don't fancy a set of the fetching Work SS ones from the 6 Extreme? Lol, I can't remember what came on the 7 Extreme as standard.
Wheels above came on the extreme and the SSR on the SC.

When I finally source a set of the 18” SSR I’ll wrap them in PS4S or 888s.

I have found a set but the guy wants £1700 for them. I would have to change the color and buy tyres so that’s 3k..... :(

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the history if it? UK tuner special edition?
Easier to post a link.

They built some special editions with one of the former WRC managers, this is one of them and they only built one.

It dropped off the radar years ago and was forgotten about until I discovered it.

So although everyone remembers the FQ400 and quotes it’s the rarest UK supplied Evo with 100 built, in actual fact mine is.