ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhausted and gutted!

silver valver/hybrid

my new wheels arrived today, which is about the only thing that has gone right so far. took one wheel off fine and swopped it. try to get the next one off and cus the locking nut and key, were so worn it kept slipping. tried everything, knocking a socket, on, it spilt. tried grips, no joy, then got drastic, got the hammer out, broke one screwdriver, and bent a chisel. then i called out the breakdown, he had a go, couldnt do it, and left, so now i gotta take it to a garage tomorow to get it drilled out:(

Elise/VX220/R26

what sort of locking nut have you got on m8? Theres a certain type os spanner called a gator grip that can get locking nuts of most types out. Alternitivelt get the car to somewhere like charlie browns and get them to get the phneumatic stuff onto it. They might be muppets but they are good at getting stubborn wheels off. It happened to me m8 and thats what I did!

silver valver/hybrid

its the standard renault one, and its not much use now, the chisel made sure of that:sick: think the guy tomorow will drill a hole, tap a left handed thred, plonk in a left hand bolt and get it out that way.