ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**king monkey

Popped out this afternoon to take a video back and pick up a few bits of shopping for the old dear... only about a 4 mile journey....

on my way back, was going through some narrow lanes near me and as a result was driving very carefully / slowly...

a few seconds after my girlfriend commented on how narrow etc. it was on this road, i am suddenly faced with a small white rocket coming straight for me in the form of an old white mini "estate" on my side of the bloody road...

i braked hard and pulled over to the left to avoid having a mini added to the front of the car and to actually miss them, i had to pretty much go into the high stone bank on the left....

the wing mirror got knocked in and there was what sounded like a big bang from that side of the car.... oh sh*t i thought.... thats done some damage.. better get insurance details of that w**ker then...

but oh no.. they had driven off.... b******s...

at this point, i had no idea what damage had been done but the car seemed to be running ok and i wasnt in the mood for letting the b******s escape...

i managed to turn the car round and chase after them but of course turning round in a narrow country lane isnt easy and they had dissappeared by the time i was going the right way !... coming to a t-junction, "right" turned out to be a good choice on my girlfriends part as there, in a pub car park in view of the road (duh!) was the mini which we had yes got most of the plate from......

we had pulled up shortly before this to inspect the damage (wince wince) and discovered that I had been very lucky.... a lightly scuffed alloy, a small scratch on the wing mirror and a couple of minor bodywork scratches and i do mean minor... i was quite suprised !! obviously if i had been a bit further across, i would have lost some bodywork and a wheel..

anyway, still seething slightly, we pulled into the pub car park and it was definitely the car in question... we scoured the car park for the curly haired "bloke" / "tw*t" who had tried to ruin my car and my sunday but couldnt see them outside.... rather than going in to the pub and dragging the snivelling wretch out of the toilet cubicle where they no doubt were cowering (yeah right) i decided to leave them a little note under their wiper blade and leave it at that...

it went something along the lines of

" i would take a bit more care driving through those lanes if i were you mate.

I now have a scuffed alloy and scratches down the side of my car due to your stupid driving. Just bear in mind that you are driving an ancient mini and that my alloy alone is probably worth more than your car otherwise i would pursue this through my insurance company and next time, it might not be someone who is willing or can get out of your way

have a nice day. thanks"

i left it at that since well.. i felt i had made my point....

rather amusingly, after i got back and later on when i was walking up to my local boozer, lo and behold, a white mini..... no THE white mini went past and it was a bird not a bloke driving........ and i now know exactly where she lives..... (about 600yds past my house!!)

but... unless i encounter her doing something stupid like that again, i think ill be nice and leave it.....especially as the damage is minimal.... just annoying.

I was only joking mate, youre right, theres alot of numpties out there, especially on Sundays, you now the score!

CTR EK9 turbo

Oh no dude. Had exactly the same thing happen to me near Bramshott Common, i was going down the hill towards the Trout Ponds/Hammer and was driving slowly as there was car fast car coming up the hill. I pulled over and stopped to allow slow speed to pass each other, and she maintained the same speed and smashed my wing mirror, the mirror came out and wires were everywhere/smashed mirror etc. I held the horn down and selected reverse (ready for a backwards chase) but she thankfully stopped! we got out and she gave me all her details and i took her numberplate etc. She was decent about it all.

well this one just sped off (as much as a crappy old mini would allow anyway) and sneaked into the nearest pub.... :mad: