ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7R Tappets/Hyd lifters - refurb

at 110k some of my tappets are taking more then 5 mins to quieten down (i know its cold!) is there really a possibly drop is performance due to lessened valve lift from this? Or are BB marketing for my £180 for 16 new ones??

Im edging closer to get the bottom end re-built and need to establish what the parts list/cost might include for a possible head re-build to essentialy standard spec.

The engine isnt using much oil and seems to go well but it keeps nagging me that it could be good as new for £400-£600 - proble ive got with properly working the head is it adds masses to the overall cost for a custom matched chip/re-map.

you dont have to run a remap for a flowed head, it works fine.

Your tappets, take them apart, clean, then put them back in. As for lift, if they aint primed when hot then thats something to worry about, but when its cold, a loss of performance isnt exactly a major issue is it?

well my efforst to reduce it by oil are in vain, Ive not long had the car and it had relatilvy new unknown oil in it when i bought it, i swapped it for some nasty 15/40 mineral oil and was going to run it for 500 miles then change it again giving it a proper flush.

the old oil seemed thin and its didn;t tap particularly. The new oil taps when cold but lasts for upto 10 mins of driving from cold! giving me worries about oil pressure but my gauge isn;t working either.

Ill swap it for 10/40 FS in a couple of weeks as its gets used at least 3 times a day for short journeys so there will be little time for the oil to drain out and also it should circulate quicker??